Need help with MYBLASTER plugin (1 Viewer)

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ AM2
    HDD: Western Digital 500GB SATA II (WD5000KS)
    Memory: 1 GB DDR2 800 (2x 512MB) Corsair XMS2
    Motherboard: Asus M2N-E
    Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra
    Motherboard Bios: 0203
    Video Card: MSI 7600GT 256MB (NX7600GT-VT2D256EHD)
    Video Card Driver: ForceWare 91.47
    Sound Card: ADI (onboard) HD
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Nvidia DualTV MCE
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.31
    2. TV Card: Vbox Cat's Eye DTA-150
    2. TV Card Type: ATSC
    2. TV Card Driver: 2.1.705.7
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVIDIA PureVideo
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: DirecTV (San Francisco)
    HTPC Case: SilverStone LC17-B
    Cooling: Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 HSF
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12-430W
    Remote: Microsoft MCE (US Version)
    TV: Pioneer Elite PRO-1110HD 50" Plasma
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI - HDMI

Is MyBlaster working on the 0.2.0.4 version? I'm trying to configure it.

Blaster Install: [EDIT]: link removed; download from the plugin repository on the homepage now.
    Place Blaster.exe in MediaPortal install directory
    Place MyBlaster.dll in the plugins/process directory

When I run Blaster.exe the Learn and Test buttons are active. I try and learn and I press the 0 button on my MCE remote and it just jumps down to the My Set-top box (2) buttons.

I have no idea if it is even working or not...

Trying to configure the plugin in the MP configuration yeilds nothing when I select Configure

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello everyone:

I've only been running MP for a couple days now. Just got tired of the DRM in MS Media Center.

I have a Hauppauge 150MCE. The remote works fine except it doesn't send the channel to IR transmitter so the channel changes on my satelite receiver.

In the configure program I have set it to MCE remote. The 150MCE version uses a USB version of their blaster and it doesn't use the Hauppauge remove drivers.

I used MyBlaster.exe to map the remote numbers. MP is receiving the numbers because in MyMusic I can use the number '9' to change the view to 'now playing' mode.

Using port #2 and forcing it as outlined in an earlier message got MP to see the channel number presses, but I simply can't get MP to send the signal to the IR transmitter.

Any suggestions how I can overcome this one last hurtle? Am I forced to purchase a different remote/blaster? Maybe a genuine MS MCE remote?

Thanks for any input!!

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think this is technically possible yes. Right now a GUIMessage is sent from MultiCardBase.cs to indicate a card wants to tune an external channel. The GUIMessage.Label property then contains the external channel number the external tuner plugin (MyBlaster in this case) would have to tune to. The easiest way would be to add the card index as second label, i.e.:
    Code:
    msg.Label2 = CurrentCardIndex;
    An external tuner plugin can then determine which card a channel is mapped to and send the command to the appropriate STB.

If there are any devs reading this: could we get this change put in?
    I'd really like to support multiple set top boxes in my plugin and this is stopping me at the moment.

Thanks guys,

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I think this is technically possible yes. Right now a GUIMessage is sent from MultiCardBase.cs to indicate a card wants to tune an external channel. The GUIMessage.Label property then contains the external channel number the external tuner plugin (MyBlaster in this case) would have to tune to. The easiest way would be to add the card index as second label, i.e.:
    Code:
    msg.Label2 = CurrentCardIndex;
    An external tuner plugin can then determine which card a channel is mapped to and send the command to the appropriate STB.

If there are any devs reading this: could we get this change put in?
    I'd really like to support multiple set top boxes in my plugin and this is stopping me at the moment.

Thanks guys,

Me too. I've alread changed myblaster and the solution works fine with this patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom