Need help with network hard drive.

Discussion in 'other Input / Output interfaces' started by mikeman, May 28, 2012.

1. mikeman

mikeman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    While playing and/or recording live TV is it possible to send the data to a external network hard drive ?
    I have a 2 TB iomega Home Storage Media Drive which is connected directly to my router.
    I save a lot of my recorded movies and my hard drive on my computer is getting close to being full.
    If this is possible could someone give me a step by step procedure on how to configure this.
    Also ... where are the recordings saved at presently on my computer ?
    I'm fairly new to MediaPortal and would greatly appreciate any help.
    I am running Win7 professional 64 Bit.
    Thanks for any help you could provide.

~mikeman...

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Django.edwards

Django.edwards Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    Hi mikeman, yes you can record to an network drive. But you should take care if the speed is sufficient for this.
    You can change the recording path for normal recordings and for series recordings in the tv server configuration. See here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/TV-Server_Configuration/07_Recording

The normal path for the savings is: c:\users\public\recorded tv as far as I know.

And by the way..... welcome to Mepo :)

Last edited: May 28, 2012

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!