Need Help With Set Top Box Setup (1 Viewer)

KeesVDP

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: MPeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2800+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: nForce3-A (ECS)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR-150
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.30.23074
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: latest
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: latest

I've tried most PVR software out there and I have to say MediaPortal is by far the hardest to setup. I'm currently using GB-PVR but am determined to try MediaPortal. I've been searching and searching but can find any help, hopefully someone will point me in the right direction.

I'm sitting here with a fresh install and the above hardware. I have a Motorola DCT-2000 set top box with the coaxial output plugged into my PVR-150. I use the Hauppauge 45-button remote and the IR Blaster to change channels on the set top box. I have no idea how to configure MP for this setup, could someone please give me a tip or point me towards a thread or doc that might help me?

Thanks

KeesVDP

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
Okay, one step at a time. How do I setup channels when it can't auto scan them through the settop box?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

First of all, I don't think you can use the antenna output of your STB if you want to be able to tune channels from within MP. You'll either need to use the CVBS (Composite) or S-Video (SVHS) and audio input of your PVR150.

You'll need to add the channels by hand. Make sure you configure it as an external channel via the external tab. Set each channel to be "received by external settop box" , specify the input source you're using on your PVR150 and eventually setup the channel number. This channel number is going to be sent via the HCW blaster.

So, you'll also need to configure the Hauppauge IR blaster so it knows how to send the channel changes to your STB. You should use the original Hauppauge software to configure it.

Good luck,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom