Need solution EPG for IPTV (1 Viewer)

Taliezin

Portal Member
January 31, 2016
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have two tuner plugins inside TV Server I use. The DVB-C for Ziggo in Netherlands and DVB-IP for extra channels I can't get from ziggo.
Now everything works fine except I can't get any EPG for my IPTV channels (DVB-IP). I tried WEBEPG plugin, but the grabber for dutch site tvgids doesn't work, it seems. My last solution is to start using WebGrab+Plus, which I used in the past and works well. But I want a all in one box solution with the MediaPortal TV Server. Now I found out that in some way if I combined a channel that is on both the DVB-C and DVB-IP, it sometimes would add the epg info from the DVB-C onto the DVB-IP EPG info. For example, the DVB-C from ziggo has epg for 'NPO Humor', but the channel doesn't work. While this channel is free on the internet, I added this channel with DVB-IP. But after combining the two, the channel will stop working after a time, I think because it is by then using the tuning info from dvb-c??

Now I did uncombine it because it doesn't work. But I found out if I put the Service ID from the DVB-C channel NPO Humor into the Service ID from DVB-IP NPO Humor, I get the EPG info for the channel, but then also, the channel will stop working although the iptv address is still there. After undoing this, I will have a working channel with EPG for some time, because the EPG info is still in the database, until it is not because it does not get refreshed.

Is there a way to get this working for me: IPTV channel with EPG info from DVB-C provider??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Is there a way to get this working for me: IPTV channel with EPG info from DVB-C provider??
    You can try to use the "perform mapping for EPG grabbing only" option:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping
    1. Undo any changes you made to service IDs. That can never work.
    2. Combine the IPTV and DVB-C channels.
    3. Go to the mapping section.
    4. Select DVB-C tuner up the top.
    5. Unmap all the combined channels (ie. select on the right, then click "<<").
    6. Tick "perform mapping for EPG grabbing only".
    7. Remap all the combined channels (ie. select on the left, then click ">>"). Now the combined channels should be shown like "... (EPG Only)" on the right.
    8. Repeat 4, 5, 6 and 7 for all other DVB-C tuners.
    End result should be that TV Server will only use the DVB-C tuner to tune the combined channels when EPG grabbing. For live TV and recordings, the DVB-IP tuner would have to be used.

For example, the DVB-C from ziggo has epg for 'NPO Humor', but the channel doesn't work.
    I'm curious. Why wouldn't the channel work? Not included in your subscription, or...?

Taliezin

Portal Member
    January 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks mm1352000,
    Yeh, the channels belong to package, but the channels itself are free to air anywhere else.

I gonna try this but would the dvb-c still work for the remaining channels in this case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom