Need some help importing files (getting duplicate entries) (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

So I just started importing my TV series and have run into a little problem. I have the same file on my HD twice in 2 different folder. The reason that the same file is in two folders is because it is the target of a seeding torrent file. I don't want to delete it from one location as I won't be able to seed it anymore.

I also have the problem that I picked up the subtitle pack as an episode.

When I am in media portal and I click on any of these, they all play the correct episode. Is there a way I can hide 2 out of the three of these? Can I change how things are imported so they don't get picked up?

I have attached some pictures to help with the diagnosis and treatment recommendations.

Thank you very much
    -S

Attachments

• File Structure.JPG
      File Structure.JPG
      76.7 KB
    • MPTVSeries1.jpg
      MPTVSeries1.jpg
      104.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just do not mix seed folders with MP-TVSeries import folders then.

If you want to watch a file that completed but is still seeding then copy the result to the import/destination folder and keep seeding until you are ready to remove it. You can do this all fully automatic with post-processing scripts.

It comes at a cost of extra storage space, but you can not always have your cake and eat it too.

PS: This way also solves your other problem, because the resulting files will only import if they are media files, not SRT/etc subtitles.

Last edited:

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    PS: This way also solves your other problem, because the resulting files will only import if they are media files, not SRT/etc subtitles.

Thanks so much RoChess for the help. I was afraid that was going to be the answer (love to have a cake and eat it too!). You post script is a little confusing though. If I copy the files to an import folder exactly as they are for the torrent, how will this fix the SRT/etc subtitles problem? Did you mean that I could put the subtitles someplace other than the import folder?

-S

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well you did not show the files or proper log files to reveal all of this; the assumption has to be that they are in true seed format as in RAR with part files. In your MP-TVSeries import folder you would extract the result, so you get the actual AVI, MKV, MP4 files. Only those extenstions are normally listed inside MediaPortal extension support list. This would exclude SRT, TXT, etc to be picked up.

The fact it goes wrong for you, could be because Show.S01E01.rar is valid and picked up and then the RAR plugin will allow playback of the videofiles inside of it. However that then also makes Show.S01E01.Subs.rar valid. Hence my suggestion to extract via post processing and copy the result to a seperate folder that will act as MP-TVSeries import folder. That way you retain the original files to seed, as well as have a seperate folder that keeps MP-TVSeries happy. The result will then be Show.S01E01.mp4 and Show.S01E01.srt, but if u have some additional folder with Show.S01E01.SubFix.srt in it, it will not be picked up as a seperate episode entry (assuming of course you do not have SRT configured as a MediaPortal extension).

It could be something else, but you did not provide any information that is useful. Screenshots are the worst things to debug something like this with. If you enable debug verbosity on the log files, and make the entire event of adding the folder to the MP-TVSeries import folder re-occur, then the log files exactly contain why subtitles got added, why things go wrong, etc. Of course that means you would have to first restore an MP-TVSeries backup, so the files are seen as 'new' again, or delete the series from database and reimport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom