Need to restart router to connect to TV server in multiseat (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everyone,

strange issue since some time ago. I set up my HTPC from scratch (including installing a fresh windows) some weeks ago, using 1.3RC then. Since that time, from time to time, MP fails to connect to the TV server. Firewall configured correctly, never had problems with that before resetting my HTPC. HTPC runs under Win 7 x64 Home, Server is a WHS2011 System. Server was not touched during the change.

What hels: Restarting my Router. Changed nothing with the router. When the problem appears, I have however, no problems accessing the servers shares from windows explorer on the HTPC and no problem connecting to the TV server from other PCs, just my HTPC.

Router is a FritzBox 6360, currently running FritzOS 005.50, before that it was 05.28 (no change since the update. Provider controlled cable modem/router, so no user influence on any up-/downgrades of firmware).

Any ideas on that?

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Static IP for the server, dynamic for the client. Though, I'm working with the client's names, not with the IPs (so i simply put "server" in the configuration, not 192.168.x.x)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will do so. Just switched the HTPC to have a static IP. Will report back if problems persist. Thanks a lot so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom