Need to restart router to connect to TV server in multiseat (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi everyone,

strange issue since some time ago. I set up my HTPC from scratch (including installing a fresh windows) some weeks ago, using 1.3RC then. Since that time, from time to time, MP fails to connect to the TV server. Firewall configured correctly, never had problems with that before resetting my HTPC. HTPC runs under Win 7 x64 Home, Server is a WHS2011 System. Server was not touched during the change.

What hels: Restarting my Router. Changed nothing with the router. When the problem appears, I have however, no problems accessing the servers shares from windows explorer on the HTPC and no problem connecting to the TV server from other PCs, just my HTPC.

Router is a FritzBox 6360, currently running FritzOS 005.50, before that it was 05.28 (no change since the update. Provider controlled cable modem/router, so no user influence on any up-/downgrades of firmware).

Any ideas on that?

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Static IP for the server, dynamic for the client. Though, I'm working with the client's names, not with the IPs (so i simply put "server" in the configuration, not 192.168.x.x)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Will do so. Just switched the HTPC to have a static IP. Will report back if problems persist. Thanks a lot so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    X [solved] Display needs to be turned on for TV services to function General 1
    J IPTV Sweden, need help with m3u list MediaPortal 1 Plugins 14
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    L [solved] Why does Mediaportal 2 need access to my webcam? General 2
    U [solved] Beginner needs help recording live TV General 19
    mrmojo666 beginner: trying to write a plugin, need help to catch event General Development (no feature request here!) 3
    M What does MP homeserver detection need at the client end, and what does the server need to transmit? General 6
    S EPG timeshift advice needed please Electronic Program Guide 3
    el Filou Is Windows Media Player still needed on Windows 10 ? MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    milagroso Remote control with EventGhost - I'm stuck, need help General 3
    W Need help getting my TV guide working again General Support 1
    morpheus_xx [Evaluate] LIVE555 library vulnerability - do we need to update?! Developer Discussions 7
    A I need help with 110 and 119 west Installation, configuration support 21
    A Need help rescaning Channels for 110 and 119 west MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    C EPG-Buddy: so close to no help needed Electronic Program Guide 8
    A Need new 110w and 119w tp`s Newcomers Forum 0
    horned_reaper [solved] 5012: Restart current music track General Support 13
    Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
    RoChess Random GPU crash leads to MePo restart, but works fine afterwards MediaPortal 1 14
    HTPCSourcer [Finished] [MP2-793] 'Restart MP2' as additional option in shutdown menu Archive 6
    N [will not fix] Changed settings do not take effect until MP2-Client is stopped and restarted. Submit: Bug Reports 4
    R Mp restarts when scrolling down list of films Moving Pictures 8
    B [further infos missing] Install failed Exit code: 0xfff7, restarting: No 2.2 Archive 1
    D Windows tasks to restart TV Server General 2
    S MP restarts after 10-30 sec - how to read error logs General Support 1