Need Tuner Card for FiOS (1 Viewer)

theglajaw

May 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I recently built out a new htpc and want to start using it for recording shows but was unsure of what QAM cards work well with Mediaportal. Originally, I was going to use an IR blaster to control the STB (and therefore tune the channels) but I don't like that solution too much and also realized that I only plan on recording shows on regular network tv. I read that the local networks are broadcasted in unencrypted QAM with FiO. If this is the case, which card has the most stable support in MediaPortal. I currently have a POS Dell Angel USB NTSC tuner that I've been using along w/ the Verizon STB to get SD content recorded, but it is really flaky. When I press record in MP, it starts to record but then MP hangs and sometimes crashes the whole PC. Is this because the tuner isn't fully supported? I don't want to spend like $100 on a card that will exhibit the same issues. So please chime in with suggestions and/or further explanations. If you need more info from me, please let me know. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom