Need Tuner Card for FiOS (1 Viewer)

theglajaw

May 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I recently built out a new htpc and want to start using it for recording shows but was unsure of what QAM cards work well with Mediaportal. Originally, I was going to use an IR blaster to control the STB (and therefore tune the channels) but I don't like that solution too much and also realized that I only plan on recording shows on regular network tv. I read that the local networks are broadcasted in unencrypted QAM with FiO. If this is the case, which card has the most stable support in MediaPortal. I currently have a POS Dell Angel USB NTSC tuner that I've been using along w/ the Verizon STB to get SD content recorded, but it is really flaky. When I press record in MP, it starts to record but then MP hangs and sometimes crashes the whole PC. Is this because the tuner isn't fully supported? I don't want to spend like $100 on a card that will exhibit the same issues. So please chime in with suggestions and/or further explanations. If you need more info from me, please let me know. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
"M card reader for a PC" is called a CableCARD tuner. As stated in our wiki/manual, Ceton, Hauppauge and Silicondust CableCARD tuners all work with MediaPortal.
"M card reader for a PC" is called a CableCARD tuner. As stated in our wiki/manual, Ceton, Hauppauge and Silicondust CableCARD...
I will start by saying that I have to install the Media Portal. I currently have a Tivo Bolt but I hate the amount they charge to...
Replies
Views
Hi Clay The log file shows the most likely explanation is that some channels are not mapped (linked) to both tuners: [2017-01-15 22:31:46,602] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find card for channel KTXA-DT [2017-01-15 22:31:46,604] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - Controller: got 1 tuning details for KTXA-DT [2017-01-15...
Hi Clay The log file shows the most likely explanation is that some channels are not mapped (linked) to both tuners: [2017-01-15...
Hello, Can someone please help me resolve this problem with the MediaPortal 1.14 TV-Server and my HDHomeRun tuners? I have...
Replies
Views
Which client are you using to access RTSP streaming, and what connection URL are you using?
Which client are you using to access RTSP streaming, and what connection URL are you using?
Hi all... I'm new to mediaportal and need a little help. After my old ARGUS TV solution is not supported any more I decided to...
Replies
Views
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner is ATI Wonder External (black box with tuner card slot but I dont use it). The Win10 OS recognizes it as ATI Wonder opencard tuner USB. I wanted to try MediaPortal 2 for support with portable devices as...
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner...
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom