MP2 - V2.3 Nereus: EPG context menu not available anymore at a running program (1 Viewer)

Corny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's not possible anymore to open the context menu on the EPG view in Nereus on a program running right now. I need this for the extended scheduling, when I wan't to record the (full) show at another time.

Is there a solution that i overlook or do I have to switch back to bluevision?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's not possible anymore to open the context menu on the EPG view in Nereus on a program running right now. I need this for the extended scheduling, when I wan't to record the (full) show at another time.

Is there a solution that i overlook or do I have to switch back to bluevision?
    Can you post a screenshot how it looks in BlueVision skin? I’m not at home now and can not imagine what is missing.
    There is no need to switch back. I’ll take a look later and fix it if needed.

Edit: Now I understood I think, I was misreading it first time. I'll take a look later.
    Have you tried pressing "r" or the record button on remote?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    This is really strange. BV and Nereus refer to the same TvGuideKeybindings from FullEPG. Apart from that I compared the styles and there is no difference.
    However, BV opens the context menu with "r" and "info", but nereus only with "r".
    When adding <KeyBinding Key="Info" Command="{Command Path=RecordPressed}"/> additionally to TvGuideKeybindings I can also open the context menu in Nereus with "info", but only with focus on the channel, not on the program :confused:

Corny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here a screenshot in BlueVision, right-clicking on a program running right now:

1604224335326.png

On Nereus I'm only able to get the context menu by left-clicking on a program in the future. Right-clicking does't work at all an left-clicking on a program running right now will just show me the program - so I'm not able to do a extendes scheduling. Same on my HTPC with remote control, the "info"button doesn't work as on BV.

Screenshot on Nereus, left-clicking on a future program:
    1604224619103.png

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Screenshot on Nereus, left-clicking on a future program:
    Weird. I do not get any context menu for nereus with the menu button, "info" or "right mouse click". Only when I modify the TvGuideKeybindings ans add "info" there. Are you really using a right mouse click? @joecrow could you check this once on your system?

Corny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only get the menu while LEFT-clicking on a future program. But I need the context menu also on the running program.

Long story short: Just try to do a extendex scheduling or a series scheduling on a running program, you won't be able to do this from the EPG-view on Nereus.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could find the issue :)
    There was a centralisation of some things into SlimTvSettings, but seems at this point it does not work properly.
    Accordingly it looked for Nereus like:
    <Button.ContextMenuCommand>
    <Command Source="{StaticResource SlimTvSettings}" Path="ShowProgramContextMenu" Parameters="{LateBoundValue BindingValue={Binding}}"/>
    </Button.ContextMenuCommand>
    Just change it into following in SlimTVStyles.xaml (C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\Skin\Nereus\themes\default\styles) and it works. You can open the file with a text editor. In case you can not save the file due to restrictions, just move it to desktop once, change it there and move it back, confirming the warning, that you are sure.
    <Button.ContextMenuCommand>
    <Command Source="{StaticResource SlimTvMultiChannelGuide}" Path="ShowProgramContextMenu" Parameters="{LateBoundValue BindingValue={Binding}}"/>
    </Button.ContextMenuCommand>
    It will be fixed with MP2.1.3. @henso I think you bundled things in SlimTvSettings once. It is used also for other EPG screens and probably resulting in same issue. Could you take a look, if we can solve it by keeping SlimTvSettings as for now?

Edit: The other EPG's do also not offer recording actions in BV. The setting for visibility infos in FullEPG (logo, channel name, channel number) does also work after the change above. So it seems to be fully solved with the small change.

Corny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem solved, it works! (y)
    Thank you very much for your fast support!! :cool:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    There was a centralisation of some things into SlimTvSettings, but seems at this point it does not work properly.
    I think you remember wrong. ;)
    The settings model was for the centralization of settings, not functions or commands (which should be implied by the name of the model). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom