.NET crash in config without WMI service (1 Viewer)

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
I'll probably wait for the full release, the wife factor is stopping me messing about with it any more just now. Point taken on the cut down XP, its just a helluva lot quicker, there are a couple of other versions available I'll check them out at some point and see if they are any more compatible, or maybe get a BartPE or nlite setup going myself.

Thanks once again for the input.

FReT

Portal Member
September 28, 2005
I get a similar error message with mine once I upgraded to the latest RC3 SVN. Not the same number but a similar value, "-2xxxxxxxxxx". Installing RC4 didn't fix it. If I try and go into the recording section and change the disk quota values the same error message pops up. I have not tried deleting the xml file yet, it's not causing me enough grief to bother reconfiguring everything again.

I'm not sure if its related, but at the same time the weather data does not show up in MP config. It displays ok after entering, but when I come back into the MP config it's gone again, even though it still works in MP.

I do not have the <section name=<"freediskspace"> that hwahrmann was talking about in my xml file, perhaps that is part of the problem? Perhaps someone could give me some default xml values for that section and I can paste it in myself to see if it works?

Cheers,

Nathan

FReT

Portal Member
September 28, 2005
I've managed to fix this problem by reinstalling (repairing) .NET 2.0.

It's also fixed the problem with weather not appearing etc.

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Yeah on this advice I repaired my .NET installation and I now get free Disk space in the recording area of configuration.exe. It still tells me the WMI service is not available but does report freediskspace. hmm.

FReT

Portal Member
September 28, 2005
Interesting, I have the WMI service but it's not started. I still don't get any error messages though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom