Netbook powerful enough for SDTV MP-Client?! (1 Viewer)

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i would like to buy a netbook (MSI Wind U100 or Acer Aspire One) if it will be powerful enough for Mediaportal to playback SDTV-content via WLAN from my tvserver in the living-room.

The MSI Wind U100 and Acer Aspire One are equipped with 1GB RAM, an Intel ATOM CPU with 1,6 GHz and the Intel GMA950 GPU which supports DirectX 9 and can use up to 224 MB RAM, so the official MP requirements are met.

am i right? is such a netbook powerful enough for my purpose?
    i couldnt find any information about this on the internet

thanks in advance,

Jens

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I would also be interested in this - would make a nice TV Client for the bedroom etc.

I would want SD TV, DVD playback from Video-TS and SD MP4/avi playback.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i own a eeepc 1000h with windows 7 beta (and XP) and did not encounter any problems when using the netbook as a client over wlan with neither of them.

live tv, xvid & co as well as recordings and mp4 were fine.... i even managed to play back a 720p file with quite a low bitrate... evrything above that gets bumby...

nevertheless, SD material works fine here.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

My acer aspire one (8GB sdd version) works excelent with mp! This is with SD TV.
    I think its the same chipset as eee(?).

/tompa

herrbasan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've no problems watching TV on a Asus EeePC 900 (that's the one with the slow celeron). The interface is horribly slow (i havnt tested the latest subversion which seems to adress that), but the TV part works fine .. as long it is a wired connection. I dont get freeze free TV over Wifi though. But that doesnt work even with a Core2 Dou @ 2.6ghz Notebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom