Netflix on MediaPortal? Edision Linux Receiver (1 Viewer)

Genubath

June 10, 2022
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I am new to this whole topic.
I got a linux receiver Edision "OS nino+" and installed MediaPortal there. Unfortunately it does not include Netflix (nor Amazon, Disney Plus), which I would like to connect to.
Could somebody please explain me how I can do that?

Thank you!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got a linux receiver Edision "OS nino+" and installed MediaPortal there.
    Can you explain how you have Media Portal connected to the Edison, I am not at all familiar with this receiver but a google shows it to be a complete box (media centre) with its own CPU, operating system, built in TV receivers, Media Player, internet browser and output direct to a TV via HDMI see here if that is not what you have please let us know. If it is what you have then I don't understand how you could have installed Media Portal which is a Windows only program on a Linux based computer.

Last edited:

Genubath

June 10, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, thank you for the reply!
    The receiver is actually this one (click), but it should be about the same as your link and the rest is correct as well. Only that I haven't found any internet browser yet.
    It runs with Linux. On the remote, there is a button "Portal" and I managed t find an expension called "MediaPortal", that opens when I press that button. I found and installed it in the receiver directly, didn't connect it to any PC.
    Now I am not even sure if it is the same MediaPortal, as it doesn't have a Logo. It looks like this:
    mediaportal-e2-800x445.jpg

I have some channels there, including youtube, but not the ones I really want. The manual of the receiver is very short and does not explain anything software-related. Also looking for it on the internet didn't bring any results yet.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I am not even sure if it is the same MediaPortal, as it doesn't have a Logo. It looks like this:
    I don't think it is this Media Portal either, just looks like a collection of links to the various internet media suppliers available online in Germany. I am surprised Netflix and others are not included but maybe elsewhere or via the missing browser. It looks like you can get help via the contact link on the website you linked to so I think it best to try there.
    Hope you are successful, for your info below is a screenshot of how the home screen of Media Portal 2 looks.
    mp2.jpg

Genubath

June 10, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, thank you. Knowing that it is not the same Media Portal does help me, so I know I do not have to look into this any further.
    You are right, I think I just contact to Edision support next.

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom