Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (1 Viewer)

Strawwmann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Wow! I just installed and tried this for the first time this evening and am very impressed with how well it works already.
    Great job, thanks.

Jason Halls

Portal Member
    June 21, 2013
    Nelson Bay, New South Wales
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I have an interesting query regarding this plugin;

I am an Australian and use Netflix via Chrome and the Chrome extension 'Hola' which tricks Netflix into thinking I am an American as Netflix ist available in Aust.

Is there any way to get this plugin to work for me?

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,

I have an interesting query regarding this plugin;

I am an Australian and use Netflix via Chrome and the Chrome extension 'Hola' which tricks Netflix into thinking I am an American as Netflix ist available in Aust.

Is there any way to get this plugin to work for me?
    Hi you need a VPN service.
    I also use one.

You will find some in this thread, or PM me.

Cheers.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I received notice from netflix yesterday that the API will be shut down on November 14th. Any plugins using the API will no longer work. Sorry guys... :(

@msj33,
    Why the disagree? I used to work on a plugin for MediaPortal called MyNetflix and am part of the Netflix Developer Network. Here is a copy of the email from the Developer Program...

"Netflix API Developers,

As Netflix continues to grow internationally, the emphasis of our engineering efforts is to satisfy a growing member base and a growing number of devices. To better focus our efforts and to align them with the needs of our global member base, we will be retiring the public API program. Effective on November 14, 2014, public API developers will no longer be able to access Netflix content. All requests to the public API will return 404 errors.

Thank you to for participating in the ecosystem throughout the years.

Daniel Jacobson

VP of Edge Engineering"

Last edited:

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I received notice from netflix yesterday that the API will be shut down on November 14th. Any plugins using the API will no longer work. Sorry guys... :(

@msj33,
    Why the disagree? I used to work on a plugin for MediaPortal called MyNetflix and am part of the Netflix Developer Network. Here is a copy of the email from the Developer Program...

"Netflix API Developers,

As Netflix continues to grow internationally, the emphasis of our engineering efforts is to satisfy a growing member base and a growing number of devices. To better focus our efforts and to align them with the needs of our global member base, we will be retiring the public API program. Effective on November 14, 2014, public API developers will no longer be able to access Netflix content. All requests to the public API will return 404 errors.

Daniel Jacobson

VP of Edge Engineering"

I disagrees to Netflix's decision to close the API from an end user perspective - I also disagreed back then that the API only was US applicable.

Streaming users seem to be locked to browser based solutions, which does not yet fit into a HTPC regarding mouse navigation...........and the alternative new TV's with "SmartTV" functionality.........it's far from feature rich and mature!

Now I hope that the forthcoming NetflixWrapper can live up to expectations - And I hope this finally can bring MEPO Netflix to Europe with language specific content........also keen to see if remote support is even possible?

/Morten

/Morten

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

@msj33,

"Netflix API Developers,

Daniel Jacobson

VP of Edge Engineering"

I disagrees to Netflix's decision to close the API from an end user perspective - I also disagreed back then that the API only was US applicable.

Streaming users seem to be locked to browser based solutions, which does not yet fit into a HTPC regarding mouse navigation...........and the alternative new TV's with "SmartTV" functionality.........it's far from feature rich and mature!

Now I hope that the forthcoming NetflixWrapper can live up to expectations - And I hope this finally can bring MEPO Netflix to Europe with language specific content........also keen to see if remote support is even possible?

/Morten

/Morten
    Hi Iam sorry.
    When Netflix closes their public api, there will not be any substitude.

There might be very complicated way of crawling their website and parsing it, but this is very time consuming and unreliable.

I also dont know, how will I adapt, probably I cancel my subscription because I dont have time to whach it anyway.

So hoping for better news.
    Cheers!

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Actually this only seems to happen when trying to load a TV series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom