network broadcasting (1 Viewer)

BabyG

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Hey Guys

Just doing some final testing on the host and have a couple of client issues to clear up. Hopfully there will be a release soon, but that depend on how the testing goes. This release will work through windows file sharing.

I'm going to have less time on my hands for a couple of weeks (new job :)) so I was looking for anyone who has the time to give me some help.

I've only been coding to get this thing up and running, currently the host is just a process and the client is a modified "my video". First I need someone to help me modify the "my video". I will need it placed in the main menu properly with a nice picture, removal of alot of the buttons that ain't needed within "my video" and maybe a couple of extra features within "my video".

I will also need somebody to help me with the host. Currently the host works off the "timeshifting" file, so "my tv" must be running with timesharing (on the host) for the host to work. For now I'm wanting to try and force "My TV" to use timeshifting.

Let me know if you can help me out :)...

P.S. If you want to have a look at the code let me know and i'll send it to you :)

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
BabyG said:
Hey Guys

Just doing some final testing on the host and have a couple of client issues to clear up. Hopfully there will be a release soon, but that depend on how the testing goes. This release will work through windows file sharing.

I'm going to have less time on my hands for a couple of weeks (new job :)) so I was looking for anyone who has the time to give me some help.

I've only been coding to get this thing up and running, currently the host is just a process and the client is a modified "my video". First I need someone to help me modify the "my video". I will need it placed in the main menu properly with a nice picture, removal of alot of the buttons that ain't needed within "my video" and maybe a couple of extra features within "my video".

I will also need somebody to help me with the host. Currently the host works off the "timeshifting" file, so "my tv" must be running with timesharing (on the host) for the host to work. For now I'm wanting to try and force "My TV" to use timeshifting.

P.S. If you want to have a look at the code let me know and i'll send it to you :)

Isn't it much easier to use the Windows Media Encoder SDK to stream the timeshift file as a multicast stream. Makes it a lot easier, and the stream is optimized for multiple users.

Maybe you can have a look:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...mencode/htm/windowsmediaencoderautomation.asp

hence, you can also use it to stream the contents from live devices as your tv card and/or webcams

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
j1nx said:
BabyG said:
Hey Guys

Isn't it much easier to use the Windows Media Encoder SDK to stream the timeshift file as a multicast stream. Makes it a lot easier, and the stream is optimized for multiple users.

Maybe you can have a look:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...mencode/htm/windowsmediaencoderautomation.asp

hence, you can also use it to stream the contents from live devices as your tv card and/or webcams

At second thought i think it is a good idea to tell you my ideas (also i was thinking about this, but don't have enough programming skills to do it)

1) You can use WME to stream video and music
2) The web-plugin can also use this for realtime embedded video and music in the web-pages. Listen to your music collection from al over the world, or watch your recorded programs at your vacation spot if you can't wait.
3) You can also stream the content over the internet making it available for other MP-users
4) You have a lot of options on the quality.
5) Maybe you can use the external control from the web-plugin to switch channels/next music file at the client side.
6) The client side isn't much more than the radio plugin configured for a web-stream (it can already do that).
7) When using a SDK while programming, no additional software is required.
8) you have full control on the ip-adresses allowed to view the streams.
9) you can make use of a DRM server to protect the content with a license
10) the pocketPC plugin can also use the streaming content to listen to your music collection (maybe also video) on the pocketPC

so that where my ideas for now, i had some more but can't come up with it as i just returned from a 6 weeks work-journey to india. Maybe you or some other skilled programmer can use it.

It is a good thing to download the windows media encoder from the microsoft website (it's free anyway) and play with it to see what is possible. Then use the SDK to program the same at the background in MP.

BabyG

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Thanx guys

Thanx j1nx... WME looks great... will look into it. I might make a release 2moro with what I have, just have to check the card detection and timeshifting file stuff.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I think this project looks very promising.

Network broadcast would be one of the best plugins in my opinion.

Then you won't have to install a TV-adpatyer in every computer.

I will follow this project closely.

And if you want, i would test it for you.

/Morten

{OF}Blong

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    msj33 said:
    I think this project looks very promising.

Network broadcast would be one of the best plugins in my opinion.

I will follow this project closely.

And if you want, i would test it for you.

/Morten

hmm I never thought of the no tv adapter. But how would you broadcast it over the lan? Meaning what would you need would something like the xbox360 work. I am new to the pc to tv tv to pc stuff so I dont know if there is something out there that would allow you to go from the tv to pc and pc back to the tv. I assume you can with the xbox360 if you have media center.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    msj33 said:

He means you wouldn't need a TV Tuner Card in every computer you wanted to watch live TV on - you could simply stream the signal from another computer with a TV card. There are a couple of commercial alternatives to MP that let you do this already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom