Network Folders going missing from My Videos (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Does you NAS require credentials or do you use anonymous access?

It not related to nas. We check the status of the source (nas) by ping before list the source. If a source is offline we show that as offline share. This check fails if there is no good name resolution on the system.

Please enable the WOL on network shares.

offline2.JPG

You will see the shares as offline but you can access them.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    It requires credentials, but they are the same credentials as I am using the the MediaPortal system, so it connects without any additional credentials. I think the logs point to it being a name resolution issue.

I'd rather not implement a local hosts file. That's just one of those annoying things you forget about in 2 years time when you change your router / static ip addressing and wonder why it's not working.

I've just tried (for giggles, because I really shouldn't / don't need it) enabling WOL on all the shares. It's been running for a couple of hours now watching TV, and the shares are still there. So maybe WOL is refreshing the name to IP resolution information somehow. I'll keep an eye on it for a another day or so and report back.

One thing I have noticed, and you can see it in the logs, is that the "share discovery" process is very inefficient. It does a name lookup on all 6 shares, even though the hostname for each share is identical. And the name resolution is sequentially taking about a second for each share, leading to a delay in opening the root folder. This code could be much more efficient I think. I did notice there was another post from 2008 about delays in accessing shares.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-my-videos-with-shared-network-folders.45707/

Maybe someone could take a look at this?

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    It not related to nas. We check the status of the source (nas) by ping before list the source. If a source is offline we show that as offline share. This check fails if there is no good name resolution on the system.

Please enable the WOL on network shares.

View attachment 186033

You will see the shares as offline but you can access them.

Posted on top of you there ;) Yes tried it and it seems to be working.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I think have tbe same issue, but only on one client.
    I will try to enable the wol feature for every shared folder

Envoyé de mon P01MA en utilisant Tapatalk

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    So, after et all my shared folder to enable wakeonlan
    now shared folder on root plugins are always present, but i have always an issue when try to enter inside.
    the content folder is empty , and i need to return back and try once more ( it's an randomn result)
    this last step need to be done also for subfolder,

about accesing to the root shared folder, it try to connect it as an WOL request, but the server is always connected.
    joined 2 logs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom