Never Change A Running System: MP1.3 Memory Issue (1 Viewer)

xXDrunkenMaster

Portal Member
October 27, 2011
Ba-Wü, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear Community,

after updating MP 1.2->1.3 I ve encoutered a very strange behaviour.
  • After waking up after Hibernate or Sleep MP works normal despite that MP may jump back to home screen while having no input on a submenu OR
  • After waking up ANY video playback runs for a certain amount of time until it stops and falls back to home (always and reproduceable)
  • TV-recording tasks lead to crash - found the windows error dialouge that a program ran out of memory
Running MP after a reboot -> everything is fine. Futher circumstances:
  • often remarkable heavy HDD activity
  • nearly all add-ons disabled
  • after encounterin that behaviour -> run a MP install over the old (not tv service), updated any driver, deleted databases (after found hint in forums)
I found nothing compareable in the forums and would prefer to find a solution but to reinstall my whole machine. Since this memory error popped up once or twice while the PC had recording tasks I assume, that somethings flooding the memory, but I dont managed to figure out what. Some logs showed errors with direct X and somewhere I was told that turning on Aero is a good ideo so I did and tried to update direct x but it was already up to date.

Find my logs attached (No watchdog log since it never crashes it just falls back to home)
Thx a lot in advance

xXDrunkenMaster

Attachments

• MP error.zip
    41.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello xXDrunkenMaster

We can see errors like this several times:
    2013-05-20 12:23:16.003115 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Main: Device lost - Fehler in der Anwendung.
    -2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
    bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    bei MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

2013-05-20 12:23:15.967113 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: Main: ***** OnDeviceLost *****

2013-05-20 12:23:16.003115 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Device lost - Fehler in der Anwendung.
    -2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
    bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    bei MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

These could indicate that your GPU is not running stable after resume.

That (edit: I mean the device lost messages, which means GPU control/access is lost) is probably the cause of this:
    After waking up after Hibernate or Sleep MP works normal despite that MP may jump back to home screen while having no input on a submenu OR
    After waking up ANY video playback runs for a certain amount of time until it stops and falls back to home (always and reproduceable)

For this:
    TV-recording tasks lead to crash - found the windows error dialouge that a program ran out of memory
    ... we need the TV Server and system event logs (provided by the watchdog).

Futher circumstances:
    often remarkable heavy HDD activity
    This could be some real-time scanner (virus/spyware protection).
    Can you use task manager to check "who" is responsible for most of the disk usage?

nearly all add-ons disabled
    Can't explain that unless you mean that nearly all add-ons are disabled in general.
    Some plugins that were compatible with MP 1.2 are not compatible with 1.3; others must be upgraded.

after encounterin that behaviour -> run a MP install over the old (not tv service), updated any driver, deleted databases (after found hint in forums)
    I found nothing compareable in the forums and would prefer to find a solution but to reinstall my whole machine. Since this memory error popped up once or twice while the PC had recording tasks I assume, that somethings flooding the memory, but I dont managed to figure out what. Some logs showed errors with direct X and somewhere I was told that turning on Aero is a good ideo so I did and tried to update direct x but it was already up to date.
    So you're running with the latest GPU driver?

Find my logs attached (No watchdog log since it never crashes it just falls back to home)
    Please read here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal

You don't need to have a crash to use the watchdog! ;)
    New full logs would be appreciated.

mm

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1.4 pre release changed a lot on the front of d3d device handling, so you might want to try that version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom