never ending recording (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
another never ending recording, the end time of the recording came and went (The Search for Santa Paws) and the recording never stoped, not the first time I've seen this. tried to restart the TV service but as per normal it will not stop, and can't be killed with task manager as is also not unusual.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again mrkaras

TV Server tried to stop the recording at the prescribed time:
    [2015-12-23 19:12:25,741] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record 7mate 23/12/2015 5:02:15 PM-23/12/2015 7:00:00 PM Search For The Santa Paws

...however it failed to stop. Cause of the failure seems to be a database error:
    [2015-12-23 19:13:11,765] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - Exception :Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: select idGroup, groupName, sortOrder from ChannelGroup order by sortOrder asc; ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out

The Windows application event log shows that SQL Server was having problems:
    "23/12/2015 7:12:46 PM";"MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS";"Server";"Information";"Resource Monitor (0x9d8) Worker 0x00000000800641A0 appears to be non-yielding on Node 0. Memory freed: 28048 KB. Approx CPU Used: kernel 156 ms, user 15 ms, Interval: 60420.";"1073759715"

I don't know if you saw that I replied to your previous thread. That is/was a database problem too. Coincidence? I think not. ;)
    If you haven't got a reliable database then TV Server hasn't got a hope of performing reliably. I strongly suggest you look at your database log files and see what's going on.

Regards,
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Honestly, I don't know. Like I said in your previous thread: it looks like your system has serious problems. An error like "The platform firmware has corrupted memory..." is not something I'd choose to ignore. In that context reinstalling SQL Server seems like ignoring the elephant in the room.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    from what I have read "The platform firmware has corrupted memory" sounds like it may be quite common and a bios issue, so as I don't think there are or are likely to ever be any updated for that board I'd need a new motherboard to fix that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's completely up to you as to whether you're comfortable leaving it. I haven't researched the message at all.
    I guess your next choice is deciding whether you'll look at the SQL Server log as suggested, or just reinstall. If the issue is with the database content/structure/integrity then reinstalling without starting a fresh database won't have any effect. That's the sort of thing that the log might tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom