MP2 - V2.4 New 2.4 install wont show video/tv (1 Viewer)

Paul F

Portal Member
April 11, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi i just upgraded my motherboard and drive and installed a replacement copy (server and client) of MP2.4. all works perfectly apart from 2 things:
  • live or recorded tv or videos wont play - i just get a black screen and the timer doesnt increase.
  • the server doesnt seem to be publishing itself on the network as 2 clients cant see it

all my previous recordings (on NAS box) are there they just wont play (but do in VLC for example)
the TV recording is working I can record new programs - just they wont play in MP (but will in VLC)
I had a quick look in the client los and there seems to be an issue with UPNP

can someone help / suggest something please. (I have already reinstalled a couple of times)

logs attached

thanks

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-04-28-15.42.31.zip
    258.8 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi i just upgraded my motherboard and drive and installed a replacement copy (server and client) of MP2.4. all works perfectly apart from 2 things:
    • live or recorded tv or videos wont play - i just get a black screen and the timer doesnt increase.
    • the server doesnt seem to be publishing itself on the network as 2 clients cant see it

all my previous recordings (on NAS box) are there they just wont play (but do in VLC for example)
    the TV recording is working I can record new programs - just they wont play in MP (but will in VLC)
    I had a quick look in the client los and there seems to be an issue with UPNP

can someone help / suggest something please. (I have already reinstalled a couple of times)

logs attached

thanks
    Seems with your new hardware some settings cause problems, e.g. the hardware accelaration:
    [2022-04-28 15:36:17,369] [18831 ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - Error loading configuration class 'MediaPortal.Extensions.TranscodingService.Client.Settings.Configuration.HardwareAccelerationSetting'
    UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPException: Error invoking action 'Load' ---> UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPRemoteException: Action Failed
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.AsyncActionCallResult.GetOutParams()
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.ServerSettings.UPnP.ServerSettingsProxy.Load(String settingsTypeName)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.ServerSettings.UPnP.ServerSettingsProxy.Load[SettingsType]()
    at MediaPortal.Extensions.TranscodingService.Client.Settings.Configuration.HardwareAccelerationSetting.Load()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.ConfigurationManagement.ConfigurationNode.Instantiate(ConfigBaseMetadata metadata, PluginRuntime pluginRuntime)
    Also your networK name changed with the new hardware, so the server in the settings can not be found:
    System.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The specified network name is no longer available

I would recommend to remove the client and server settings once, so both load with default settings.
    The TV probably needs a reconfiguration, but media items etc. are not affected. In case of concerns you may also backup the serttings prior, so you can restore them.

1. Stop the server
    2. Remove (or move somewhere else as backup) the folders C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Config
    3. Restart the server and start the client
    4. If the server is not connected yet, connect it in General -> Connectivity -> Home server

Paul F

Portal Member
    April 11, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi ge2301

Thanks for the quick response - I went ahead and did a full install (reset) of windows and MP again today. The server issue is fixed - the other client can see the server and play all recorded TV as it used to.

I also did a manual upgrade of the latest Intel driver for the new processor and it seems that it thinks everything is OK - it can show the video it uses for 'picture modifications' and as before VLC plays all the TV/video not problem. I also ran the dxdiag program and it doesn't report any errors

I have attached another copy of the logs from after the re-install - would you take another look to see if you can see something please?

Thanks
    Paul

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-04-29-15.19.24.zip
      228.4 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have attached another copy of the logs from after the re-install - would you take another look to see if you can see something please?
    There is still an issue with the server address. In case the client is on the same maschine as the server it should be 127.0.0.1.
    [2022-04-29 15:17:48,174] [1918 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - UPnPServerController: SSDP enabled for IP endpoint '192.168.1.241', search port is 1900
    [2022-04-29 15:17:48,177] [1921 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - UPnP server online hosting 1 UPnP root devices
    [2022-04-29 15:17:48,317] [2061 ] [26 ] [ERROR] - UPnPServer: Error handling HTTP request 'http://192.168.1.241:55555/MediaPor...ion/uuid:247436eb-a643-402e-b77e-2c04daf48f29'

Paul F

Portal Member
    April 11, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi ge2301 - thanks again for the quick response.
    I tried to detach and reattach this client (which is on the same PC) but its still the same (everything works fine except for playing TV where the screen is black) and then tried to add an IP binding in settings to 127.0.0.1 but then the client wouldnt load at all (had to edit the config .xml to remove the binding)

Can you suggest how to change the setting you mention - thanks

Paul

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ge2301 - thanks again for the quick response.
    I tried to detach and reattach this client (which is on the same PC) but its still the same (everything works fine except for playing TV where the screen is black) and then tried to add an IP binding in settings to 127.0.0.1 but then the client wouldnt load at all (had to edit the config .xml to remove the binding)

Can you suggest how to change the setting you mention - thanks

Paul
    If you attached the server and can play movies etc. better do not try to manually change any settings.
    1. Do you hear audio while live-tv?
    2. Is the behaviour systematic for SD and HD channels?
    Is for Live-TV LAV set as filter? For some users it helped to manually uninstall LAV and then reinstalling MP2 (settings will be kept).

Paul F

Portal Member
    April 11, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi ge2301

I wasnt 100% clear above - when I said everything was now working other than displaying TV, I also meant that 'videos' still didnt play.
    But the client attached to the server OK and can do everything except play TV programs (and videos) - the screen with the player controls loads (and fade away as normal after 10s) just that no actuall images are shown and the screen is black. (just to explain properly in case it helps others)

But the good news is that as soon as I reinstalled without LAV filters, the client works and plays TV (live and recorded) and videos :) :) :)

Thanks for your help!
    Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom