New BBC red button/Freesat from Sky - not able to view (1 Viewer)

Macavity

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I get my Freesat from Sky through a DVB-S2 card with input from a communal aerial. I am trying to get the new BBC Red Button HD channel. I manually scan using the single transponder option and it is labelled as 8900. It shows up as green in TV Channels. When I try to preview it in TV Server, it came up with PreviewFailed: NoPmtFound. When I try to view it in MP Client, it says Program/Channel not found. I am posting this now as there is a football match airing on that channel so it is a good time for testing. Does anyone know of a solution?

Apparently, BBC and Sky are quibbling over the HD channel. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/blogabou...ton-summer?postId=116501408#comment_116501408

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
I have just seen that these are supposedly on the freesat platform according to join freesat did you get this working as i have the same message as you for the 8900 channel?

Alix Pryde
21ST JUNE 2013 - 19:00

We've had a very busy few days and I'm writing to give you an update on the progress we have made, on the extra SD streams as well as the HD stream.

Whilst the listing of Red Button HD on Sky unfortunately remains unresolved, we have reached agreement with Sky to enable Red Button HD on Freesat. Subject to completion by Sky of the necessary technical work, BBC Red Button HD will reappear at Freesat channel 980 early next week.

A number of people, including @Nathan Lock, have asked why Red Button HD on Freesat has any dependency on Sky. All channels which appear on the Sky platform go through an ‘adaptation hub’ where the essential information that makes the platform work, including the EPG, gets inserted. Adaption works on a per-transponder basis, so even if a channel is to be broadcast outside the Sky EPG, if it is on a transponder that contains other channels that are on the Sky EPG then the adaption hub has to be explicitly configured to pass all channels. So that's why there's a technical dependency on Sky to configure the adaption hub to pass Red Button HD for reception on Freesat.

Finally, I’m pleased to confirm that our final work to launch the additional Red Button SD streams on Monday for the Wimbledon fortnight and Glastonbury has gone well on all platforms. These extra streams, offering extra courts and extra stages, will be available via the Red Button on Sky, Freeview/YouView, Virgin Media and Freesat, and also at the channel numbers mentioned in my original blog post on Freeview/ YouView, Virgin Media and Freesat. I hope you enjoy them.

Last edited:

Macavity

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
Home Country
yes, it's working now.

Attachments

• MWSnap 2013-06-24, 22_27_52.jpg
    MWSnap 2013-06-24, 22_27_52.jpg
    153.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread