New bugs in RC2 (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Could be that it's specificly my installation that's having some problems. I still would like to list them here because maybe some others have them to.

My computer specs:
PIII 1Ghz
512MB RAM
180GB HDD
128MB Ati 9250 AGP (DX9)
MCE Europe Remote
Windows XP Pro Eng SP2

Minimal specs, but all runs smoothly.

I installed the Release Candidate 2 today and I'm having some problems with it. I'll start of with a bug I've noticed before, and that isn't fixed yet in this RC.

I can't view any playlist and can't add or remove any items from it. I'm realy missing this function. I wish I mastered C# (working on that) so I could tribute myself. Wouldn't a internal player be a option, fully independent? For as far as my knowledge of C++ goes, I think that's not to difficult. In this case I think it would be much easier to implement a playlist with editor.

The first new bug I noticed is that the 'lookup' function gives an error that leaves me the options te continue or quit (default Error window for .NET I think).
The error...
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.TvChannelLookupService.TvChannelLookupService_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The second bug exists since the (I think) 16-12 CVS release. My tv and radio card doest function anymore. I've tested it in my other pc, in which it worked perfectly (with WinDVR3). My TVcard is a Avermedia AverTV PVR150-MCE.
Also....if Media Portal is started, my screensaver is not displayed. If MediaPortal is closed, it is shown properly. It looks like my screen (TV) goes to stanby in MediaPortal, although I disabled that function in Windows.

I hope my findings can contribute to the Portal. There is no better alternative! Capeau guys (and girls?)

ps: I know my English is not perfect. Sorry for that, I'm Dutch.

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Another new bug....

When pushing the "UP" of "DOWN" button in the "TV chanel Groups" window I get the following error...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.TVGroups.btnGrpChnUp_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom