New Card: MSI TV @nywhere Duo (1 Viewer)

Macfox

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
Hi,

Just found this amazing replacement for MCE. Firstly I can't beleive how snappy and feature rich it is. Hats off to all involved in producing MP.

I've recently purchased a MSI TV@where Duo, which I was using with MCE. It works fine under MCE and I was hoping it would work under MP.

Card Details:
Name: MSI TV @nywhere Duo
Functions: DVB-T, Analog TV, FM Tuner
Chipset:phillips - SAA7135HL, TDA10046A, TDA8274, TDA8275, TDA8290

WHQL drivers are available on Windows Update. (AVHybrid.inf, AVHybrid.sys)

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
Rob

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Since its not listed as supported in wiki, you'll need to do whats in the How to get my tv card supported thread, in the Hardware forum. The DVB-T portion will work (after you do what it says in that thread), but by the looks of it the analogue portion is a software card so it isnt supported.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    TV cards are listed in my sig above ^^

For the EPG Im using an older version of BRP (which uses a Javaxmltv2 grabber) simply because I cant be assed changing. Descriptions are bad though, as it only gets first 8 or so words. It works and uses ninemsn for its data.

There was someone doing another ninemsn grabber on here which does full descriptions but comparitive speed was worse. BRP is pretty much instant compared to up to 10 mins with the other grabber.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    WebEPG works fine for me and has australian settings right there for grabbing data from a whole bunch of sources, so you can fiddle around (eg you can grab the ABC and SBS program guides right from their webpages and the 7, 9 and 10 from, say, yahoo.com.au). It is easy to set up and seems to work very well.

Macfox

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Good news.

Got it working. Radio isn't working however. Not that's a biggy. Would like to know how to get the video sources (Composite In) as an input/channel as I have a satellite decoder I would love to hookup.

Anyway... Here's the xml def.
    Code:
      <capturecard commercialname="MSI TV @nywhere Duo" capturename="713x BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_03064e42&amp;rev_f0">
        <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
        <tv>
          <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
          <filters>
            <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider"  checkdevice="false"></filter>
            <filter cat="tunerdevice"     name="713x BDA DVBT Tuner"              checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="capture"         name="713x BDA Digital Capture"         checkdevice="true"></filter>
          </filters>
          <connections>
            <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice"     sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"     sinkpin="0"></connection>
          </connections>
        </tv>
      </capturecard>

urev

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2005
    Germany
    Hi,
    I am testing the MSI anywhere duo currently. Perhaps it is comparable with:
    Lifeview Flydvb-t Duo
    http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/products/internal_tv/flydvbt_duo.htm

and with:
    ASUS My Cinema-P7131Dual
    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=18&l2=83&l3=252&model=547&modelmenu=1

For sure it could be a cool card, because we could see and record analogue and digital TV **at the same time**. Or does this work with Hauppauge HVR-1100 also? With HVR-1300 it doen't work, as stated in this forum.

Do you see any chance to get this card to work?

bye, urev

DickPurple

February 22, 2006
    I have just installed media portal RC4 and my MSI DUO software stopped working properly

Now its hooked to DVB and it crash when i try to change to FM radio, analog TV or anything else...

when i scan for channels it find same channels and repeat then in the channels list..

Anyone with same problems?

thanks

lebrija

Portal Member
    April 3, 2006
    I have just installed media portal RC4 and my MSI DUO software stopped working properly

Hi,

Lifeview software stopped working after RC3. I have reinstall the operative system, lifeview software and MP and I've always have the same problems that you've described. No idea what is causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom