ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the links.
    Finished for today. Did not manage to get rid of the scroll indicator below home menu buttons

Just add below red text in OtherControlsOverride.xaml and the scrollbar is removed.

<!-- ListView style to be used for main menu -->
    <Style x:Key="HomeMenuListViewStyle" BasedOn="{ThemeResource MainMenuListViewStyle}">
    <Setter Property="SelectionChanged" Value="{CommandStencil Source={StaticResource BackgroundManagerModel}, Path=SetSelectedItem}"/>
    <Setter Property="Template">
    <Setter.Value>
    <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type ListView}">
    <!--ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="true" Margin="5"-->
    <ItemsPresenter VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"/>​
    <!--/ScrollViewer-->

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Many thanks. This works. I was fiddling on the same control but I always did out- comment the whole ScrollViewer Tag incl the ItemsPresenter line. That did not do it... I'm spoiled by MP1 skinning where you always need to out comment the whole control if you want to get rid of it...

Now I can try to move the menu a bit more to the bottom, great.

Next I will change is the navigation bar on the top to get it as page title in center. Here I know where to look (I hope i know ;) )

I wasn't able to find:
    BlackBackdrop theme
    Maybe it's for Apollo and not published yet.

That's why I did not try yet to implement the background exchange for real. The screenshots are fake as told, I manually exchanged the backdrop.png for the screenshots. But I want this to work automatically to show what has focus instead of the button gfx. But I got enough input for the next skinning session now, so this has a bit more time. Thanks again.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Many thanks. This works. I was fiddling on the same control but I always did out- comment the whole ScrollViewer Tag incl the ItemsPresenter line. That did not do it... I'm spoiled by MP1 skinning where you always need to out comment the whole control if you want to get rid of it...
    Ops, I just realized, that the scrollbar is removed, but also you can not scroll in the menu any more :)

However I found the solution, that is really working finally:

<ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="true" Margin="5" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled">
    </ScrollViewer>

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wasn't able to find
    See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp2-theme-black-backdrop.92253/. In MP2-Client solution it's an own plugin that provides 2 or 3 themes for default skin. They were not really finished themes, more my tries what is possible.

Source: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/master/MediaPortal/Incubator/Black Backdrop

Black backdrop
    preview.png

black backdrop 2:
    preview.png

Bright desktop:
    preview.png

3D gadgets
    preview.png

Note: last changes were from 2011, this is loooong time ago ;)

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Ops, I just realized, that the scrollbar is removed, but also you can not scroll in the menu any more :)

However I found the solution, that is really working finally:

<ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="true" Margin="5" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled">
    </ScrollViewer>
    Yes, this disables scrollbars, but you loose the visual indicator that there are more items available.

That's why I replaced the scrollbars by "<" and ">" indicator inside Reflexion skin:
    018_home_videos-jpg.96243

Which was done by the customt scrollviewer style I mentioned before: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../styles/OtherControlsOverrides.xaml#L154-L198

The style is still present in Titanium (typical copy & paste problem ;)), so you can simply use it:
    <ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="True" Margin="5" Style="{ThemeResource MainMenuScrollViewerStyle}">
    <ItemsPresenter VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"/>
    </ScrollViewer>

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My new Skin "Retro" has a good progress. I want to try further some new transparency and animation effects. I post a picture, so you can have a lookon current status:
    preview.jpg

@Lehmden: How did you modify the bottom news bar? I can find the code, but it's faster to ask you ;)
    General question to all: Where can I find a good database for HTPC related pictures (buttons, backgrounds, ...)? In best case of course the pics have *.psd or *.png format with acceptable resolution

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Stretched the width so the "bunny-ears" are out of screen and move it to the bottom of the screen. It's in master_bare.xaml

<Path x:Name="Shape_57_copy_7" Canvas.Left="-200" Canvas.Top="1000" Width="10824" Height="85"

Width Value are not that important, I've added a "0" after the "1", just in case if I need to revert this...
    And the position:

<Grid Canvas.Left="50" Canvas.Top="1025" Width="1824">

Canvas values are found by "try and error" until it fits.

For backgrounds there are some sites on the internet. Need to search to find the links again. Got tons of them laying around on my HDD and I also use a lot of my own photos (e.g the "weather" picture from screenshots above is taken 300 meters away from my home).
    As Button you can use cliparts (vector graphics). There are also millions of them to find with google...

Here are some of them I've added to an old posting some years ago, maybe they are helpful.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/backdrops-zip.131116/

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    <Path x:Name="Shape_57_copy_7" Canvas.Left="-200" Canvas.Top="1000" Width="10824" Height="85"
    If you don't like the "bunny ears", simply remove the Path and add a Rectangle with desired size. No need to oversize controls to hide it's shape.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    No need to oversize controls to hide it's shape.
    I know, but this way was faster and easier and I first want to know how the whole thing is looking. It's a bit dangerous as a temporal solution often stays much longer than planed.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom