New DVB-T card with CI module (2 Viewers)

pettergulbra

Portal Member
January 8, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Ok, then I understand.

If I go for the first solution, with one card, one ci and one cam. Will the program (mediaportal) say that I can`t record and watch at the same time? If it`s not at the same transponder? Ore is this something I have to find out my self?

And if I go for the first soulution.

What do I need.

I like onboard cards, not usb, but usb is ok if it is the cheepest.

And it han to work with two cards, if I deside to buy this one more time, to hawe the full PVR function.

But at first, I`ll think I will mangage with one, so I can record if I`m not home at the moment...

Kindly

Petter

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    MediaPortal will prioritize recordings, so if you try and watch live TV on a channel that cannot be decoded at the same time as the recording, it will tell you the channel is not available. You can also bring up a list of channels that are available as the one recording.

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    As I said, I am using the Technotrend T-1500 with RiksTV, and it works fine. You can also buy the Mystique (rebranded KNC) which also should work. It's up to you which one you choose. KNC is/was a well renowned brand, and it seems to me like Technotrend is not updating the BDA drivers for their product to work with Windows 7. Before buying the two T-1500s, I bought a CT-3650-CI which didn't work with Windows 7, and now, almost six months after submitting a bug report, nothing has happened.

KNC on the other hand, already have Windows 7 drivers out.

So, I'd recommend KNC.

Here is a link to the KNC/Mystique DVB-T card.

Mystique TeRiX-T2, DVB-T, HDTV, CI-Connector, Windows/Linux - DVBSHOP - Technotrend,Mystique,Digital Devices,Tevii,Shop,DVB-S,DVB-C,DVB-T,HDTV,H.264,DVB-S2

Here is the link to the CI module:
    Mystique View CI-Interface (f. 1 CAM) PCI und 3.5" Variante - DVBSHOP - Technotrend,Mystique,Digital Devices,Tevii,Shop,DVB-S,DVB-C,DVB-T,HDTV,H.264,DVB-S2

The webshop is located in Germany, but I have ordered from them twice with no problems.

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes, I recommend those links.
    Yeah, just buy a CAM at Expert or any other store. Make sure that they link the CAM up to your program card, or else it won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom