New Eee Box 204/206 - Perfect Client?? (1 Viewer)

martijnr17

Portal Pro
November 15, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm running in client server with 3 clients.
My server has a program clientcheck somewhere found on the forum which pings the ip adresses of the client. When he find one it starts a program clientactive, I put that in de tvsetup as a process when not to go to standby. For wakeup I use wol, the client comes out of standby send a wol packet to the server and then starts mediaportal. Works like a charm for me.

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm running in client server with 3 clients.
    My server has a program clientcheck somewhere found on the forum which pings the ip adresses of the client. When he find one it starts a program clientactive, I put that in de tvsetup as a process when not to go to standby. For wakeup I use wol, the client comes out of standby send a wol packet to the server and then starts mediaportal. Works like a charm for me.

Hi,

Thats good news!!

I'll go check out the clientcheck/clientactive applications.

I haven't yet found a way of successfully sending WOL when the client comes out of standby. How do you do this?
    [Edit - Just found how I think this works in thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/powerscheduler-server-client-system-22721/]

Cheers
    ...Steve

martijnr17

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the program is called hibernate trigger if i'm right. With this program you can execute a batchfile when a system goes in standby or comes out.
    When my system comes out of standby it waits a few sec to get the nic online, then send a wol packet to the server en then starts mediaportal.
    When going to standby I start a program killtask to kill mediaportal, else it is missing the server during startup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom