[solved] New episodes only please! (1 Viewer)

CamaroZ28c

February 20, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, great product, I like it very much after finally being forced to leave WMC. The only thing I wish this had was a way to record only new episodes in a series. Instead, I get repeat recordings quite a bit. Lots now in the summer for instance where the networks replay old episodes. Thanks for listening!

Juneislostohno

Portal Member
July 12, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, great product, I like it very much after finally being forced to leave WMC. The only thing I wish this had was a way to record only new episodes in a series. Instead, I get repeat recordings quite a bit. Lots now in the summer for instance where the networks replay old episodes. Thanks for listening!

++1!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV Server part has a checkbox to prevent duplicate recordings: check out the Wiki ->here

Record.JPG

However, it is necessary that you EPG data provides adequate informaiton ,i.e. season and episode name

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some additional comment: The above TV Server functionality is limited. Its action is not based on any database information about recordings but merely checks for the existence of files in the recording folder that comply with the season/episode naming convention.

That said, previously imported recordings, e.g. older WMC files, will be known in the MP2 database but still not allow duplication check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom