New feature : CD/DVD speed control. How ? (1 Viewer)

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
Very nice feature, unfortunately, I have to stick with AnyDVD in order to get the drive region-free.

Maybe I don't get it, but what does one have to do with the other? You are comparing a feature to make your drive quieter to the removing of dvd region codes?

Apples and Oranges?

anydvd has a built-in function to slow-down selected drives. nevertheless, anydvd can sometimes cause a few hiccups while playing a disc with this function on.

lotti99

Portal Pro
May 7, 2007
Frankfurt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

using VLC with "CD Bremse" is very silent. Playing teh same DVD in MediaPortal with "CD Bremse" is louder, but O.K. Playing teh DVD with MediaPortal and using the internal DVD-Speed Manager is as loud as using no Speed Manager ...
Anything I could have done wrong in the MediaPortal Settings?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    iirc DVD support has been removed by Hwahrmann because of various problems. CD-Bremse however works very well here.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Very nice feature, unfortunately, I have to stick with AnyDVD in order to get the drive region-free.

Maybe I don't get it, but what does one have to do with the other? You are comparing a feature to make your drive quieter to the removing of dvd region codes?

Apples and Oranges?

Not comparing, wanted to give credit for this new feature, but also wanted to mention that I personally have to stick with another software due to region-feature in anydvd (since anydvd already was mentioned in the thread)

There are other ways to make a DVD-RW region free

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom