guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I like to request some additional features to this already brilliant program.

My TV >> Schedule >> New:
    Add the option to chance/edit a schedule to the right click menu.

My Videos:
    >> right click menu on video file <<
    Add the option (menu item 5) to move the file to a pre-determined folder. The folder location should be set in the Config program.

My Videos >> Play DVD:
    Add the option to select the DVD drive you want to play from. This is handy when you have more than 1 DVD player in the computer, or when you have mounted ISO files as virtual DVD players.

TV Recording:
    Create the option to select recording type, like most DVR/PVR programs have, ideally selectable per scheduled recording. The recording types should be based on a standard 4.7GB DVD, so what ever the dvr-ms equivalent of this might be.
    -Extra Long Play- 5 or 6 hr recording per 4.7GB
    -Long Play- 4 hr recording per 4.7GB
    -Standard Play - 2 hr recording per 4.7GB
    -Fine Play – 1 hr recording per 4.7GB

ezeew

Portal Member
    May 15, 2005
    Germany
    guytpetj said:
    [.....]
    TV Recording:
    Create the option to select recording type, like most DVR/PVR programs have, ideally selectable per scheduled recording. The recording types should be based on a standard 4.7GB DVD, so what ever the dvr-ms equivalent of this might be.
    -Extra Long Play- 5 or 6 hr recording per 4.7GB
    -Long Play- 4 hr recording per 4.7GB
    -Standard Play - 2 hr recording per 4.7GB
    -Fine Play – 1 hr recording per 4.7GB

Yes. I support this request.

Quality settings per recording (and an extra option for LiveTV) would be great !

But the settings themselves should be configurable...

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    guytpetj said:
    My Videos:
    >> right click menu on video file <<
    Add the option (menu item 5) to move the file to a pre-determined folder. The folder location should be set in the Config program.

I would like to have a menu option to copy the selected file to a pre-determined folder. This would be really usefull when inserting a cd or dvd with video content that you want to store on your MP computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
    It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.28 Summer Breeze Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5053] - TV framerate is not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Codec-Lister DE
    Hi. There is a new version available. It now also lists the codec and channel numbers of the (first) audio track from the video file. And you can use it for audio- only files too. Supported file extensions are: Video File Extentions = .mkv;.mk3d;.mp4;.avi;.ts;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.divx;.wmv;.flv;.wtv;*.dvr-ms Audio File Extentions =...
    Hi. There is a new version available. It now also lists the codec and channel numbers of the (first) audio track from the video...
    Hello. Since I have nothing else to do ;) , I wrote a small tool called "Codec Lister" because I needed it. At the touch of a...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Migrating from WMC DE
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that are similar to hdhomerun tuner but for European DVB). But you can not use them on both systems at the same time ofc.. Means if WMC is using a tuner (e,g, for a scheduled recording) MP can't use the same...
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that...
    I have been running Windows Media Centre happily for years on Win 7 Pro, more recently with EPG123 as an intermediary providing...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom