New "Filmstrip View" idea, comments needed.. (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I'm trying to defend doit4u's point regarding the german grammary (need to see the end of a sentence to make out its sense). Would a slightly smaller image be acceptable ? Something like this:
Code:
|--------------------|
| MP screen          |
|                    |
||---------|         |
||Pic.     |         |
||         |         |
||         |Title    |
||         |Year     |
||---------|Tagline  |
|Plot: long line 1   |
|line 2              |
|room of a third ?   |
| |--| |--| |--| |--||
| |th| |th| |th| |th||
|--------------------|
Sorry I forgot to "render" the menu bar on the left.

gabbe

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Sweden
MrMario64 said:
What happens with the DB if I deletes some movies from the hdd and only keep them on cd/dvd? Can I browse them and look at pic and read info then? Or must I "check in" the movie as an offline movie?

When the movie is offline, you can go to the database entry of that file and say on what disc# you burnt it.
This way you can still select it to watch and see all info about it.
When you select it you will get a popup window telling you to "please enter disc#"
When you do so, playback will start after this.

This is all in the manual to...

This sounds what Im looking after but
I have read the manual... can't find anything about how to write disk#. Is it parhaps only accessible throught the DVD-drive?
I don't understand "you can go to the database entry of that file and say on what disk#..."
Can any1 explain or tell me the manual page. I think we need a simple database editor that is accessible from the movie setup.

And about readibility... I want as much movie info as possible, no scrolling or osd. It must be fast...

Thank You for the hard work./gabbe

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    gabe,

Move the movie out of the shares as if you moved it to a disc.
    Go to the movie using a database view (view by genre, title etc etc) as you cannot use the file browsing because it ain't here anymore.

Then on that file press F3 on that movie and you csee the imdb info now. @ the bottom you see "DVD #" with arrow buttons. YOu can use the arrows or enter a number with the keyboard / remote here.

Thats it.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    epoch,

I'll try a mock-up of the plot below the image tonight
    But again,
    The goal is to have a big as possible image.

The advantage of the text under the pic is that we can make it scroll and look nice.

A

Anonymous

@Mr.Mario
    Hmmm, this depends to the fact, when will I see this screen!
    OK, if i will see this as the first "all overviev", when entering "My Video" then it is really nice for the people, who identify the films only over the covers!
    i would prefer in this case an better, larger "All overview", that means to see more than only "4 titles on the slider". I think 9-12 Covers like it is now gives me a quicker overview, if i identifie and choose by an cover! Compromiss: bigger Covers (eleminate the useless space around them) so there will be 9 or 12 Covers be on 1 Overview-page with bigger,better Covers! (or only 9 with a larger slider (smaller slider-thumbs, about 8-10)

So when i klick on the choosen cover, then i need the more specific info, and this is as well o.k. if i have to press for this info the "F3", but then it would be great, to put a "really big Cover" in the background, and all the text-infos overlayed, using the whole possible space, with maybe just a little bigger Font size? The static Info as static and the plot (if needed) smothly scrolling up!

Hope this is a better explanaition of my opinion!

doit4u

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    doit4u,

Again, this is a VIEW mode.
    YOu can select it llike you select list,thumbs or bigthumbs now.

So it is for the user to determine what he want.
    If he wants thumbs only, he select thumbs mode. If he wants big thumbs, he selects big thumbs. If he wants list view, he selects list view, and if he wants filmstrip, he selects filmstrip mode.

The user decides. Not us.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    doit4u,

Again, this is a VIEW mode.
    YOu can select it llike you select list,thumbs or bigthumbs now.

So it is for the user to determine what he want.
    If he wants thumbs only, he select thumbs mode. If he wants big thumbs, he selects big thumbs. If he wants list view, he selects list view, and if he wants filmstrip, he selects filmstrip mode.

The user decides. Not us.

Ok, sorry for missunderstood (I'd warn you, my english isn't really good, sorry again)
    In this case, so i can choose my view, it is a great thing!

And what about an View-mode that i discribed above! I think as well, that is a great idea (and it was mine :wink: hahaha)

By the way, can't say it enough times, thanks to the programmers for this "extremendous" work (is it well spelled?????)

doit4u

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No problem..
    Keep the ideas coming...

A

Anonymous

Hi,
    first of all, I like the idea of a new view for the Videos Section.
    What do you think about a similar view in the Music Section? It would be really nice if the playlist could be displayed in that way. So you can see the current song with a big cover-art and the upcoming or already played songs with small thumbs just like in the "Filmstrip View".

Alzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom