New functionality idea - Link to the movie web page (1 Viewer)

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I like Moving Pictures as one of the best Media Portal plugin. For all that I miss one functionality - Link to the movie web page. It sounds very sophisticated but I thing the realization of this can be very easy.

:oops: today I found out that exist url_details item in the movingpictures.db3 (see my comments below). It means possible changes will be only two - interface to browser and new item in the Movie Option list...

• Interface to the web browser plugin - like InfoService plugin - selection from more kind of browser plugin which are known at Media Portal plugins portfolio (BTW I prefer WebBrowser plugin)
    • Link to the movie web page - new item in the movie detail database (movingpicture.db3) - e.g. "Link" - not neccesary because exist url_details item
    • Filling "Link" item - through movie detail scraper with specific URL - not necesary because url_details item contains url to web page with movie details filled by movie scraper
    • Start movie web page browsing - new item in the Movie Options list (displayed after press F9).
    Currently there is:

1 Movie details from Online
    2 Mark as Watched
    3 Rate Movie

it could have been:

1 Browse Movie details
    2 Movie details from Online
    3 Mark as Watched
    4 Rate Movie

After selection number 1 will be started browser plugin with parameter "Link" then url_details

It is my idea, pleas your feelig will be appreciable...

JiRo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom