New German Cinefacts Scraper (1 Viewer)

Schenk2302

Portal Pro
September 12, 2008
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
After two weeks of hard work, I finished the scraper for Cinefacts.de. I put a lot of work in it and want to say a big thank you, to fforde, LRFalk01 and armandp who helped me out a lot. I tested it and i'm very satisfied with the results but please remember i'm not a programmer or anything like that and made this script by learning by doing. I tried to get as much info as possible with this script so it is not the fastest and cleanest script because it has to parse several sites to get most of the stuff. Anyway I hope you have fun with it and let me know if it works for you (even if it not works:) )

Stay Punk...

Schenk

Attachments

• Cinefacts.xml
    30.6 KB

Mike1978

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
first of all: thx!

I would like to keep the ofdb script at first place. But there are much movies that have no description on ofdb. So, would it be possible to retrieve details from ofdb and for those movies that have no details, MovingPictures should use the cinefacts-script. Maybe there's already an option, but I can't find it

Schenk2302

Portal Pro
September 12, 2008
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Mike1978,

if have to think about it but i think it's not that easy because cinefacts has no direct imdb links. maybe i could integrate a movie title test but this maybe is not perfect because of title differences between ofdb and cinefacts. what happens if you refresh a movie with the cinefacts script??

so long

Schenk

Mike1978

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

if I refresh the movie, it is sent back to the importer and details are correctly pulled from cinefacts. But it would be nice if this could be done automatically. Probably could only be done by MovingPictures?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Schenk2302!

Big :D for your work! But into which folder must i copy the file?

Best regards

Helio

Schenk2302

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2008
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Media Portal Configuration than Plugins
    Moving Pictures than Config
    Importer Settings than Movie Datails Data Sources
    Movie Details click on the down arrow next to +
    Choose add a New Data Source
    and voila here you go

Greetz

Schenk

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to keep the ofdb script at first place. But there are much movies that have no description on ofdb. So, would it be possible to retrieve details from ofdb and for those movies that have no details, MovingPictures should use the cinefacts-script. Maybe there's already an option, but I can't find it

Hi,

there already is an issue for that Issue 277 - moving-pictures - Movie Details Data Sources should ALL be check until a match is found - Google Code

cheers
    mcbelly

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    isuue with "german Umlaute"

Hi Schenk2302, hi devs!

Thanks for this scraper, but is it possible to fix the issue wit the "german umlaute" (ü, ö, ä, ß)! They don't work!

Best regards

Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom