[Rejected] New grabber for Belgium (1 Viewer)

Nickske00

Moderator - Dutch Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Sint-Katelijne-Waver
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've spent my evening on writing a new grabber for belgium/the netherlands..
    I tested the grabber on my own setup and it's working! :)

The new grabber file can be found here: -
    Currently there are 31 channels supported.

Why this new grabber?
    The tv.be grabber has some errors in it that can't be fixed by us. Nobody noticed yet that you're missing programs? (Especially evening programs).

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    What's that? Are you parsing data from one site (tv.be) to another and then reparsing it with the grabber?? Odd.
    The tv.be grabber seems to be working for me (at least for cnbc-europe, for which I use it), I didn't see any feedback though.

Nickske00

Moderator - Dutch Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Sint-Katelijne-Waver
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I checked it and I see why the grabber is working correct for you. With the cnbc channel they don't put any images with the program description.
    Like you can see here click they sometimes put images with the description, now the tv.be grabber doesn't 'see' this programs. I tried modifying the grabber but that doesn't work because then it didn't 'see' the other programs... So I wrote a new solution.

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I see, I'll check it. But what about the site you use? Is it yours? The formatting (or absence of) and the text show that the data there is from tv.be.

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    That's what I thought. So why don't you just prepare the TVGuide.xml file and host it there for people to download it -faster and cleaner. What's more, you're doing double the work that way and it's rather unorthodox. Grabbin from one site, loading it on another so as to work for a specific grabber (and not the other way around) and all that until you decide to no longer host it or maintain it. That's why every grabber is created for a popular tvguide site, so as to maintain a certain level of durability.

I would propose you help on fixing the tv.be grabber to work perfectly since you are involved.

Nickske00

Moderator - Dutch Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Sint-Katelijne-Waver
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    As I said before, the tv.be grabber can't be fixed. You can add the 'I' parameter but then you only get the shows that have an image. I've already contacted tv.be to ask if they provide an xml but until today (+14 days), I still didn't got an answer from them...

EDIT: I wil look at the possibilities to also provide an TVGuide.xml file, but for now, everyone can use the grabber file. Everyone is also free to come with another grabber.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I had to reject this grabber as it is no long term solution.

Either grab EPG data from the source site and host the processed (TVGuide.xml) result on your site, or provide a standalone application (script,exe, whatever...) that grabs EPG data from the source site into a local TVGuide.xml file like all other XMLTV grabbers.

Nickske00

Moderator - Dutch Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Sint-Katelijne-Waver
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I understand :) But I'm not going to create another solution because I don't have the time for it. This grabber is updating itself daily, so everybody that want to use it can download it manualy.

Nickske00

Moderator - Dutch Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    Sint-Katelijne-Waver
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Can someone give me a link to a tutorial about how to create an XmlTV file? (layout of the file etc...)

I've got al the shows separate in my database now.. (database: program_start | program_title | program_description | channel | date)
    So, what would be easier for new users (because no grabber for belgium that is included with mediaportal works), that I create a new grabber file and change my website a bit so there can be one working grabber for belgium included with mediaportal. And if I find the info on how to create an XmlTV file I'll also deliver a working solution for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom