[NVIDIA] New GT 630 Crashing with HD Video (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Country flag
    Update: The nVidia panel was showing the screen refresh at 50hz , which is OK for UK, however in Windows screen properties the refresh was shown as 59Hz. They are both set at 50Hz now. Whether this has solved it or not I am not sure, but I now have full HD playing using VLC and I am monitoring the GPU with nVidia Inspector, and the GPU load for full HD is being reported as 21%.

I am going to try MP now....

Thanks Xetic for your input, invaluable advice and I am grateful.

EDIT: Crashed again - noticed that PCIe voltage was set to manual in the BIOS, so changed that to auto, also changed codec in MP from MS-DVD/TV (which has served me well for 3 years) and now running LAV with GPU load being reported as between 35% - 54%. I'll run LAV for a bit to see if it is any more stable than the Win7 codec. Oh, dear just got BSOD... then a reboot - well, it makes a change. I'll be able to post logs up now :)

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Country flag
    Hi Ray,

The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ??

I really don't know what to do with this card... I just feel like taking it back :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@joecrow: Thanks a million for this! I have had this weird issue for ages and with one simple uncheck, it's gone! Never understood what the option was for, like AlunS. And I still don't... It's probably something else, but when starting a video the audio doesn't start IMMEDIATELY along with the video. So maybe a second or two are...
    @joecrow: Thanks a million for this! I have had this weird issue for ages and with one simple uncheck, it's gone! Never understood...
    I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't really expect a different result but worth a try. EDIT: I vaguely remember a problem with the dynamic refresh rate changer. Can you try to temporarily deactivate and try again? The other thing is the...
    Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't...
    Hi team - I know that my profile says I joined in 2008, but I never actually got things set up then. MP1 felt very "raw" at the...
    Replies
    Views
    On my Sony TV, one of the HDMI sockets supports "Audio Return Channel" (ARC). I think that this means that I could connect the system like this: HTPC > (HDMI) > TV > (HDMI/ARC) > AV-AMPLIFIER > LOUDSPEAKERS If your TV supports HDMI/ARC, re-arranging the connections as above might bypass the problem. The disadvantage is that it...
    On my Sony TV, one of the HDMI sockets supports "Audio Return Channel" (ARC). I think that this means that I could connect the...
    Hi, maybe you have some advice for me. I have MP 1.19 installed on a Win10 X64 machine using an Intel i3 with integrated Intel HD...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is the solution. Problem: The video playback seems not to be started, the picture comes approx. 30 seconds after the sound is coming. Not out of sync but very late. If you stop the playback in this time it...
    Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is...
    Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is...
    Replies
    Views
    Have you had a look at your LAV video configuration. it is found not in mediaportal but in windows programs. I was having playback problems and changed my hardware decoder. Fixed all my problems
    Have you had a look at your LAV video configuration. it is found not in mediaportal but in windows programs. I was having playback...
    I am new to Media Portal (looking for alternative to WMC). The short version of the issue is I have picture quality and sound sync...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom