[NVIDIA] New GT 630 Crashing with HD Video (2 Viewers)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Update: The nVidia panel was showing the screen refresh at 50hz , which is OK for UK, however in Windows screen properties the refresh was shown as 59Hz. They are both set at 50Hz now. Whether this has solved it or not I am not sure, but I now have full HD playing using VLC and I am monitoring the GPU with nVidia Inspector, and the GPU load for full HD is being reported as 21%.

I am going to try MP now....

Thanks Xetic for your input, invaluable advice and I am grateful.

EDIT: Crashed again - noticed that PCIe voltage was set to manual in the BIOS, so changed that to auto, also changed codec in MP from MS-DVD/TV (which has served me well for 3 years) and now running LAV with GPU load being reported as between 35% - 54%. I'll run LAV for a bit to see if it is any more stable than the Win7 codec. Oh, dear just got BSOD... then a reboot - well, it makes a change. I'll be able to post logs up now :)

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Ray,

The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ??

I really don't know what to do with this card... I just feel like taking it back :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom