[NVIDIA] New GT 630 Crashing with HD Video (2 Viewers)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

Just installed my new Asus GT 630 2Gb video card in the lounge based PC. (The old HD5550 is now in the server).

Setup went fine and picture looks better BUT it crashes the system when trying to play full HD. I have downloaded latest drivers from nVidia website (version 306.??) I tried it first in MP with standard def and it worked fine, so then went to play some HD and the system just shut down; no BSOD, just stopped and started to reboot. o_O

After rebooting, tried again in WMP and SD stuff was fine, 720p stuff was fine, but full HD just crashed the system again.

Is there something I'm missing??

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh it looks like the amd drivers don't really away ;)

Have you reinstall Windows?

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Xetic,

Have you reinstall Windows?

I really don't want to yet, this PC is still acting as the main MP Server and is the HTPC in the lounge. :eek:

I don't really want to start playing with it just yet. I know I will have to when I get the server up and running properly.

I did uninstall the ATI drivers - maybe they are still there and are confusing the system?

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Uninstall the nvida driver then...
    Maybe... let clean the registry with CCleaner

And reinstall nvidia driver

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Clearly, something isn't happy - MP keeps shutting down too.... o_O:confused:

I am going to a clean install, I may as well. MP will not run, cannot watch HD....

I think I'll have it all done in 1.5 hours! Just in time for when the GF gets home and wants to watch TV. :whistle:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmmm... a clean install of Win7 and clean install of MP and still the same problem.

When I start live HD TV the system just shuts down, also when I start recorded HD TV. This happens too in WMP11.

This is the card >>here<<

Maybe I should downgrade the drivers?? I'm really lost now :cry:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    There is a 750W PSU in the PC, and there are no PCIe plugs for additional power on the card. I did check this as I was installing it.

I'm going to remove the latest nVidia drivers and reinstall using the disc that came with the card. This is now fumbling in the dark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom