*NEW* InfoService v1.62 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [07-01-2011] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: *NEW* InfoService v1.61 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [30-11-2010]

If someone can/want to help on translating the open strings, then please read this.

Dutch updated & emailed.

j_caust

January 8, 2010
    error when configuring infoservice in mediaportal

re below...
    i am now using current MP. so i no longer req help. thanks.

hi,
    when clicking infoservice to configure it in mediaportal 1.02 confiruration, i receive this message;

"
    failed to locate assembly 'infoservice, version=1.6.0.136,
    culture=neutral, publickey token=null'.
    note that the configuration porgram must be executed from/reside in the mediaportal folder, the execution will now end.
    "

and then the whole config box closes.

(it dosent matter which vers i use (infoservice) i still get the same message).

thanks

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: *NEW* InfoService v1.61 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [30-11-2010]

My first bet is that your MediaPortal version is outdated. InfoService is perfectly compatible with latest stable version (1.1.2) so you should update.

As a side note, you're using v1.6.0 of infoservice, latest is 1.6.1 so you should update that one as well :)

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: *NEW* InfoService v1.61 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [30-11-2010]

Is it only me that get 3 empty buttons (refresh...) with InfoService v1.6?
    Does anyone know how to fix that? I can't find anything wrong with infoservice.feeds.xml and there is no text even if I remove the language id refs
    Must be something wrong with the dll

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

What skin? Log files?

But probably outdated skin..

ftaylor

February 23, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Hello, I am running Mediaportal 1.2, and infoservice. I have found and installed the new .dll, I have installed geckobrowser and configured infoservice manually to run geckobrowser using the attached image file posted by silentexception (i believe). Except the ID is 16004 because that is the ID in my xml file. I have downloaded the updated xml file for black glass - nova. However, anytime I attempt to open an rss feed inside of infoservice it fades to background then right back to the feed list. I can then go into plugins and open geckobrowser and it will open to the feed I chose without a problem. What do I need to do so that infoservice can directly open the browser? Also, I have used browse the web with infoservice and it works, but I find geckobrowser to have a much better interface and be less buggy. Attached are the image file discussed above, my log file for infoservice, geckobrowser, and mediaportal. If there is any more information needed let me know.

F

Edit: PC = windows 7 sp1 x64

Attachments

• InfoService.jpg
      InfoService.jpg
      92.7 KB

sircolin

Portal Member
    March 17, 2011
    Reading UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same issues as written by ftaylor, does anyone have this working with any web browsers??
    Most of my feeds have short links so there not much point me using this if i can't get to them, even a dirty hack would be better than nothing.

Col

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: *NEW* InfoService v1.62 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [07-01-2011]

Hello.
    First let me tell, I like this plugin very much.

But I have a big feature request. As there is no email client for MePo around, would it be possible to add a simple Pop/Imap client only for reading mails. A Popup should come up a few seconds when new mails arrive. So I can look after my mails, if there's something important.

Maybe you can use code from other Open Source projects like Thunderbird so you don't have to discover the wheel again.

I think this would be a big improvement for Info Service (and MePo). Similar to the Twitter client build in. I don't have a twitter account so I don't use this. But email accounts are used by everyone i think.

Many thanks

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: *NEW* InfoService v1.62 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [07-01-2011]

Hello.
    First let me tell, I like this plugin very much.

But I have a big feature request. As there is no email client for MePo around, would it be possible to add a simple Pop/Imap client only for reading mails. A Popup should come up a few seconds when new mails arrive. So I can look after my mails, if there's something important.

Maybe you can use code from other Open Source projects like Thunderbird so you don't have to discover the wheel again.

I think this would be a big improvement for Info Service (and MePo). Similar to the Twitter client build in. I don't have a twitter account so I don't use this. But email accounts are used by everyone i think.

Many thanks

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-imap-pop3-email-manager-72872/ :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom