*NEW* InfoService v1.62 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [07-01-2011] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: *NEW* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [06-06-2010]

I increased the horizontal scroll speed to 4, which is much better, but the scrolling is very jerky and not smooth at all. Not very professional looking. I'm using the PureVisionHD skin but I doubt that is to blame. Is this a MP Fade Label issue?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: *NEW* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [06-06-2010]

Hi

I am trying to install Inforservice 1.6 on 2 X Mediacenters with Windows 7.

Both computers are running Mepo 1.1 Final release..

Do this plugin work with latest Mepo? Because I cannot get it too load anything at all!

I am running Blue3Wide skin, and there are no tickers shown on my Home screen.

I get a lot of nasty errors in the log on both computers( see attached file).

I know that RSS feeds work, and Infoservice can retrieve some images, and Headers.

Can you help me out, what wrong?

s4nd3r

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008

I have a problem. On homescreen ticker slows down to a complete stop :( What could be the problem?

I have the same problem... :confused:
    changing the tickerspeed helped momentarily but after a while it slowed to a stop again.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Do this plugin work with latest Mepo? Because I cannot get it too load anything at all!

Works fine here.

How did you install the plugin? Have you installed Blue skin files from the package?

I get a lot of nasty errors in the log on both computers( see attached file).

I don't see any nasty errors in the log you attached. Perhaps upload other logs too..

I have a problem. On homescreen ticker slows down to a complete stop :( What could be the problem?

changing the tickerspeed helped momentarily but after a while it slowed to a stop again.

I don't think it's InfoService problem. The component used to display ticker is fade label and could be the problem there. If you're able to constantly reproduce it, report as MediaPortal bug report.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

I installed Infoservice with the installer.

Both skin files, was enabled when installing.

This seems to be the error:

30-07-2010 00:37:07 | Feed | Debug | This is a RSS feed. Now parsing the xml data
    30-07-2010 00:37:07 | Feed | Warning | Error parsing string from element channel/image/url. It's possible that the element/s not exists, so you can ingore the warning
    Sekvensen indeholder ingen elementer
    ved System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    ved FeedReader.Xml.FeedXmlParser.ParseString(IEnumerable`1 ele, String element)

I will try to do a manual installation, and if it not works, I will report as bug, since its the same problem on 2 machine, with different sources.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: *NEW* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [06-06-2010]

I increased the horizontal scroll speed to 4, which is much better, but the scrolling is very jerky and not smooth at all. Not very professional looking. I'm using the PureVisionHD skin but I doubt that is to blame. Is this a MP Fade Label issue?
    In fact it is. And depending on installed plugins using much ressources for updating their values or a slow machine all influence the display of the RSS feed.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

Reinstalled everything again manually, but still don't have any ticker on my main menu.

I can see both news text and thumbs when I click into Infoservice in Mainmenu.

Any ideas why I don't have a ticker on my Blue3Wide Skin? (I have attached Mediaportal+Infoservice log)

s4nd3r

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008

Works fine here.

How did you install the plugin? Have you installed Blue skin files from the package?

I don't see any nasty errors in the log you attached. Perhaps upload other logs too..

I don't think it's InfoService problem. The component used to display ticker is fade label and could be the problem there. If you're able to constantly reproduce it, report as MediaPortal bug report.

I think i've found the problem... it is actually the screensaver kicking in after a while. :oops:

montecristo

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

i have since a long while an issue with infoservice and the cover art of mymovies and my music.

it took me while to find out the source of the problem.
    it's quite simple to explain.
    everytime if infoservice is refreshing it's feeds the coverart in my movies and my music (for mymusic the covers off the selected album with the tracklist showing dissapears, i don't have the issue with the covers of now playing) dissappear.
    when i then move the cursor the cover art is coming back.

i find it kind of annoying. any solution for this problem.
    anybody have the same problem?
    in my case the infoservice refresh is set at 3 minutes and every 3 minutes the covers dissappear.
    no matter what the timeframe is, it always dissappears when infoservice refreshes.

is there anybody who can confirm they have the same problem. then i know it is noth something else that causes a conflict with infoservice.
    the easiest way to find out is to set refresh to 1 minute, go to my movies, just select a movie and wait.

montecristo

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

montecristo, this has been fixed (first page of the thread). Will be in next version..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom