[solved] New install. Cannot get any picture. (1 Viewer)

RGPFX

Portal Member
August 8, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been running MP v1 on another computer with my Hauppage 2250 dual card for over a year with no problems once it was set up.

I just did a clean install On a quad core Xeon running windows 10. I installed the 2250 card into the new computer along with the driver package from the manufacturer's site. The tuner's included software, latest version, detected channels and I can watch them in the Hauppage viewer, like a TV window on my computer screen. Not so with my MP setup.

My first install of MP did not recognize TV at all. Pressing the TV button in the main screen sent me back to the main screen.

I did a full uninstall and reinstall, being sure to select the watch TV option. I ran the TV config utility and the scan successfully located channels I wanted. I set up the hybrid tuner setup for each atsc/analog tuner (dual tuner card). Unfortunately, when I open MP, the tuner lists the channels, but selecting one only returns a black screen. The same for the analog channels that should receive a constant signal only return a black screen.

I tend to think that there is a simple setting that is out of whack, but my attempts to copy the settings on the older, working copy, on the previous computer have so far not effected a solution. I have tried to duplicate everything from the general config and TV config but no dice.

Please advise.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The log file is pretty clear:
    [2015-09-20 19:18:10,656] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - DirectshowUtil. Failed to add filter:Default DirectSound Device to graph :Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040256 mscorlib at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindMoniker(IMoniker pmk, UInt32 grfOpt, Guid& iidResult, Object& ppvResult)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindToMoniker(String monikerName)
    at DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.AddAudioRendererToGraph(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String strFilterName, Boolean setAsReferenceClock)

The error code 0x80040256 means VFW_E_NO_AUDIO_HARDWARE:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375623(v=vs.85).aspx
    Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not supported.

The DirectX diagnostics from your log files agree:
    Sound Tab 1: No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

You can't view TV (or videos) successfully in MediaPortal without audio playback capabilities.

RGPFX

Portal Member
    August 8, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Wow! I guess I never plugged a speaker into this computer before so it could recognize the audio hardware. Just assumed it would see the mobo sound chips and take it from there. A five second fix and we have channels! I think we can mark this one as solved!!! Thank you so much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom