New install, few feature related issues/requests (1 Viewer)

goosie

February 22, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo (or whatever the default is called) Wide
Windows Version: Windows MCE 2005
CPU Type: Intel Dual Core E2180
HDD: OS: 36 GB WD Raptor, Media: 500 GB Seagate
Memory: 3 GB Total, 2x1 GB Crucial Ballistix, 2x512 MB Crucial Ballistix
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059&Tpk=GIGABYTE+GA-P35-DS3L )
Video Card: MSI 8500 GT (w/HDMI port and passive cooling)
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI Cable
Soundcard: Onboard

Hello all,

As the topic states, I'm having some feature related issues. As the specs above say, I'm running MP v0.2.3.0 stable on top of WinMCE 2005. It's a pretty straightforward install. I'm using the widescreen version of the default skin with a 1920x1080 resolution on a 42" LCD display (via DVI -> HDMI cable). Without further ado, here are some of the issues I've been having (the ones I can remember off top of my head):

1.) There are random numbers in my "My Music" view - I dont think these were there by default, but I believe after I had MP scan my collection (no idea what that does) some songs have seemingly random numbers to the left of their name. This is using the default view (shares?).

2.) MP doesn't have a "directory player" mode. What I would like is just a flat list of all my music, disregarding folder hierarchy. Right now, I have to go into 2 levels of folders for songs which are arranged by Artist/Album/Track.

3.) The playlist doesn't seem to work - I add stuff to the playlist, but it's not what plays next. Also, the Music playlist and the Movie playlist are seperate. It would be nice to have a global playlist where you put stuff, and MP will just play regardless.

4.) Strange scrolling issue - I've noticed this in "My Music".. if I use a mouse to scroll down the list, but the cursor itself is for example is only halfway down the screen, MP will scroll, but then jump back up to the song underneath the cursor. I would think it would focus on the last song, but if you move the mouse around, it will jump back to the song underneath the mouse.

5.) Playback controls - It would be useful to have playback controls on the playback screen. What I miss most from other media players is a seek bar where I can just jump back and forth (and the better players allow you to use the scroll mouse to jump back and forth).

That's it for now. I know there was more, I will post that when I think of it.

Thanks for reading & for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom