New install MP1 issue with tuners not being released for scheduled recordings (1 Viewer)

pnwcablecutter

April 19, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First a major kudos for MP. Amazing creation that transforms my tv experience especially in the world of cord cutting.
I have had the installation running for several weeks. Have a primary xps 8900 box with the programs installed and a Nas external drive for recording storage. Logs and time shifting are local on the xps. I have an issue that with many hours of attempts to find the solution I am at a loss.
After a tv service restart, the recording of shows works well.I have a Hauppauge 2250 dual tuner, updated drivers and can record two shows or watch one and record on one. But after a few recording cycles and I have not been able to pin down the pattern. It appears to maintain a lock on either one or both tuners from previous activity so when a new recording that is cued up attempts to start, no card is avail. I mght have confirmed this with the tv server configuration app that shows one or both tuners idle but assigned to the user scheduler and a tv station call letters assigned?
I have included a log right after a restart of the tv service that then kick started a scheduled recording that was previously not finding an available card. I also included the log previous to the restart that shows the many attempts to start the recording with failure.
Any suggestions very appreciated.

Attachments

• TVService.log
    40.3 KB
  • TVService.1.log
    4.8 MB

pnwcablecutter

April 19, 2018
Home Country
Appears the issue is due to timeshifting not being kicked off a tuner card when a recording attempts to start. I turned off tv viewing and closed mediaportal gui. I could then see under the tv service app in testing that the cards were all available. Recordings over time started and ended without any issue of unable to find a tuner card. I have since set the setting under mediaportal gui to not auto start tv viewing when the app is started and will need to remember to turn it off each time I close the gui. Will also need to stay aware that if I am watching tv, recordings could be affected.
From what I have read the program is supposed to stop timeshifting when a recording starts giving it precedence?

pnwcablecutter

April 19, 2018
Home Country
After working for several gyrations of recordings, the tuners hung again on a dual recording and did not release for the set of recordings..with timeshfting not involved. Restarted tv service to get it going again.

If anyone has any ideas on this would be very appreciated I have spent mega hours, thoroughly reviewed forums and literature and am at an impasse on how to get this resolved.

Thanks

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom