new install of latest tv-server doesnt work. (1 Viewer)

stinger

Portal Member
April 3, 2006
MediaPortal Version: Latest
MediaPortal Skin: blue
Windows Version: winxp sp2
CPU Type: c2d
HDD: seagate 160gb hitachi 250gb sata
Memory: 2gb pc6400
Motherboard: Asus p5w dh deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: 775
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ati x1900
Video Card Driver: 6.5
Sound Card: terratec
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: firedtv
1. TV Card Type: firewire
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card: firedtv
2. TV Card Type: firewire
2. TV Card Driver: latest
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: mpv
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nvidia
Satelite/CableTV Provider: boxer
HTPC Case: silverstone
Cooling: bigtt
Power Supply: cooltek 600w
Remote: silverstone
TV: lg pc1r
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi-->hdmi

Everything was working but I wanted to uninstalled everything and install it fresh with the latest tv-server,svn,etc and now the tv-server doesnt work the tv-server screen is empty and the logs says that it cant connect to sql-server. But when I start tvsetup in tvserver dir and type my password it connects ok and I can save the setting. I have followed the instructions in wiki offcourse. Everything works without the tv-server installed. What can be the problem here?

kalon

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Happens for me sometimed also. I have resolved it by erasing SQL data.
(TVEngine files inside of program files\microsoft sql server\data\ )

stinger

Portal Member
April 3, 2006
ok I'll try that I dont think that "program files\microsoft sql server" was deleted when I uninstalled sql server so I will do it again and erase it myself.
Tack Kalle.

stinger

Portal Member
April 3, 2006
I deleted the Sql dir and that particular problem is gone, but there are so many problems with the 0.3 engine so I decided to go back to 0.2. I can't spend more time on configure and fixes, I want to watch tv to. Here are some of my problems:
server and client on the same pc seems to work ok but sometimes channel switch takes very long time and sometimes it even switches to the
wrong channel. Epg is not working.
Server and client on different pc:s doesn't work at all, I can see the client connect on the server after a couple of hangings and I can see that the client switch channels on the serverside but theres no picture and audio on the client and whatever I do on the client takes ages before anything happens. I have done everything that the wiki says and have the latest svn and the latest 0.3. Annoying as hell but I understand that it is in beta stage, and I will try again later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom