New Install - SD Picture Quality issues (1 Viewer)

gibbo9000

September 2, 2017
Home Country
Australia Australia
I am new to Media Portal (looking for alternative to WMC). The short version of the issue is I have picture quality and sound sync issues on SD, and sound sync issues on HD (but picture fine). The picture quality is those damn blurry boxes on the screen - especially when things move around, so live sport is almost unwatchable.

I have read a number of the posts on this and dome some playing with Codecs, Screen window vs full etc., but to no avail, I really don't know my way around MP2 yet, so am looking for any specific advice, or what details I should post here that might help with debugging.

This PC is dedicated to this task and running a clean and fully up to date install of Windows 10 64bit on a Gen 2 Intel i7 processor using Intel on board graphics and a Hauppauge/Win TV quad HD tuner card. Client and Server are on the same machine. No issues with install or channels or EPG (wiki is very useful for newbies!), but have the picture and sound issues above. The HD channel picture is fine, just SD which is granular and blurred. Audio is out of sync on both SD and HD. I don't sense it is codecs as I have tried both the Win TV App and NextPVR on the machine and both work fine on video and audio on SD and HD (and appear to be using the LAV codec as well).

Any thoughts welcome!

Gibbo

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am new to Media Portal (looking for alternative to WMC). The short version of the issue is I have picture quality and sound sync issues on SD, and sound sync issues on HD (but picture fine). The picture quality is those damn blurry boxes on the screen - especially when things move around, so live sport is almost unwatchable.

I have read a number of the posts on this and dome some playing with Codecs, Screen window vs full etc., but to no avail, I really don't know my way around MP2 yet, so am looking for any specific advice, or what details I should post here that might help with debugging.

This PC is dedicated to this task and running a clean and fully up to date install of Windows 10 64bit on a Gen 2 Intel i7 processor using Intel on board graphics and a Hauppauge/Win TV quad HD tuner card. Client and Server are on the same machine. No issues with install or channels or EPG (wiki is very useful for newbies!), but have the picture and sound issues above. The HD channel picture is fine, just SD which is granular and blurred. Audio is out of sync on both SD and HD. I don't sense it is codecs as I have tried both the Win TV App and NextPVR on the machine and both work fine on video and audio on SD and HD (and appear to be using the LAV codec as well).

Any thoughts welcome!

Gibbo
    Which version of MP2.1 do you use? MP2.1 Pre, MP2.1 Final or MP2.1.1?
    There where some issues with the previous LAV version, which should be recovered now.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am running 2.1.1
    There shouldn't be basically issues with MP2.1.1.
    Do you have the issues with TV and Movies or just one of both? I believe it must be (a solveable codec issue). If you are ok, we can also do a TeamViewer session and I can take a look on the settings once. Just with time difference it will be not easy to find a common time. From next week I'm back at work and it will be harder. I'm ok next 30 minutes or 4 hours later.

gibbo9000

September 2, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you for the offer and apologies I missed the time window. I will check the TV vs Movie issue, and do some more structured experimenting with different codecs.

waynenz

Portal Member
    March 28, 2017
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you had a look at your LAV video configuration. it is found not in mediaportal but in windows programs. I was having playback problems and changed my hardware decoder. Fixed all my problems
    upload_2017-9-10_17-47-1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom