New installation freezing when trying to play video (1 Viewer)

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    Hey guys. I just did a clean install of Windows 8 and installed the latest version of MediaPortal. I'm using the LAV filters for all my codec settings and am able to play video in external media players (WMP, MPC-HC). The problem I'm having with MP is when I go into MovingPictures or MP TV Series and try to play a movie/tv show MP simply freezes and it won't let me exit out of it (Alt+F4, Task Manager). The Watchdog is there but not focused so I was able to get logs. I'm hoping someone can help me out as I've never had this problem with MP and a clean install before. Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Did you check this?
    2013-05-19 09:37:58.465120 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: BASS: No audio decoders were loaded. Confirm decoders are present in \musicplayer\plugins\audio decoders folder.

[Edit:

This is a bit strange...
    Just before that is:
    2013-05-19 09:37:35.025152 [Info.][BassAudio(25)]: BASS: Loading audio decoder add-ins...
    2013-05-19 09:37:35.048155 [Info.][BassAudio(25)]: BASS: Loaded 10 Audio Decoders.

@hwahrmann
    @jameson_uk

mm

Last edited:

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    The bass dll files are all there. There's 10 of them in all.

Just tried to play music too and the same thing happens so at least I can rule out it being a video codec problem.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Maybe upgrade didn't went well, it happen too with double dll in root mp and plugins folder.
    Can you try to upgrade again ?

Go to %temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy (after start full installer and close it)
    Install separate installer : package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe (if you use TV)

Look also if you didn't have dialog or windowsplugin dll in root mp folder, if you have them -> remove :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The bass dll files are all there. There's 10 of them in all.

Just tried to play music too and the same thing happens so at least I can rule out it being a video codec problem.

It seems your log wasn't not set to debug (in MP Config), can you retry with that setting ?
    From above log, like mm has detected, it seems that MP try to play the .avi with bass (really strange).

it's just a guess :)

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    So, I uninstalled MP and cleaned out all the settings, re-installed and it's working fine. Very odd that I had problems the first time around as it was one of the first things I installed on a clean install of Windows 8 but the problem is fixed now anyway. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom