New internet modem, and now TV Server wont start (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dear support team,

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!

After my old Fritzbox 7340 VDSL modem broke down I got another one from my provider, a Fritzbox 7581 :) After figuring out how this new modem works I am back online. During the time I was offline I tried to watch live TV, but Mediaportal seems to need the internet, so I was OK with that. But now I am back online the problems of being unable to watch live TV seems to persist, So I wonder if it was the fact I was off line was the problem after all.. the symptoms are the same.

With MP 1.15.00 and also now with MP1.16. PR when I try to start live TV in mediaportal I get the error "No free TV card available" while this happens after a cold reboot (power completely off, switched off the power supply of the HTPC for a bout a minute or so).

When I try to start TV Server Setup I get this:
    TVService%20refuse%20to%20start.JPG

Then I completely removed mediaportal and mediaportal TV service from my HTPC. Then I have updated the drivers for my DD Cable TV Cards and right thereafter reinstalled Mediaportal 1.16.00 pre release. During install I told Mediaportal to use the existing MSQL database. The TV service does connect to MSQL database (all green, save) but then after a short while again that error screen like above pops up again! So even during installation it already goes wrong!.. None the less when the message is clicked away, the installer notifies a successful installation of the TV Server.

Reboot after MP fresh install did not help, both error messages persisted.

However the error shown above is partly in dutch (I am dutch), I do not understand any of it, so I have no idea what is wrong, and what to do about it.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Watchdog logs attached.

Last edited:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks! I used the "add /Configure DB to the TV server shortcut" method to get it working again...well at least TV serversetup opens, but now a second problem appears..

A bit weird though.. the Computername was correct all the time, but after setting the IP to a fixed IP on the fritzbox and filling out the IP address instead of the computername in the MySQL connect to database panel, and changed the name of the database (allmost forget that) that took care of TV server setup working again..

But now that second problem.. Scanning of channels now fails.. I used the tuningparameters I posted here myself and have been using previously with great succes. But when selecting the tuning parameters and click Scan, very quickly all frequencies show somethimng like "Scanning failed, no signal". I must say I have updated the drivers for the Digital Devices cards (yes 64mbit type), maybe I should not have done that.

In windows 10 device manager, it shows the DD cards are working fine (no yellow or red exclamation marks).
    Also the DD setup utility works fine (turning tuners on/off, check the smart card, etc)..

Anyway.. MP keeps me busy again, I will remove everything again, including MySQL and the database, and start from scratch.. will let you know if that works.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But now that second problem.. Scanning of channels now fails.
    very quickly all frequencies show somethimng like "Scanning failed, no signal".
    This usually indicates that tuner loading failed. Without log files I cannot tell you why, but it could be related to your previous problem (eg. you didn't kill and restart the TV service properly after fixing the IP address config) or related to your driver update.

Anyway.. MP keeps me busy again, I will remove everything again, including MySQL and the database, and start from scratch..
    In this case you're making yourself busy! There's absolutely no need to go to such extremes. If restarting the TV service doesn't help and you can't figure out what's going on, just provide the TV Server log files and I'll tell you what's going on and how to fix it quickly.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This usually indicates that tuner loading failed. Without log files I cannot tell you why, but it could be related to your previous problem (eg. you didn't kill and restart the TV service properly after fixing the IP address config) or related to your driver update.

In this case you're making yourself busy! There's absolutely no need to go to such extremes. If restarting the TV service doesn't help and you can't figure out what's going on, just provide the TV Server log files and I'll tell you what's going on and how to fix it quickly.

Ok, I will try again tonight, and let you know.. and provide logs if needed... Thanks for the support, this is much appreciated!

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, just tried again..

System rebooted, immediately after reboot started TV Server setup and try a channel scan.. on all frequencies very quickly "no signal"
    Then turned off TV server in task manager,
    Then in device manager turned off all Digital Device cards,
    rebooted the system
    turned off TV Server in task manager
    turned ON all digital device cards in device manager
    Started TV server setup...asks for TV Server to start, clicked OK... Tv server setup starts noirmally
    Performed channel scan... again No Signal on all frequenscies, very quickly.
    Logs of the TV Server of the last hour attached.

What is wrong here? should I load the DD 32bit drivers?

I hope you can identify what is going wrong here,

Thanks much!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First...
    should I load the DD 32bit drivers?
    You can't install 32 bit drivers on a 64 bit operating system. The 64 bit drivers are the right ones to use.

As I guessed, TV Server is failing to load the tuner. The problem seems to be related to your CI slot config:
    [collapse]
    [2017-02-22 19:18:53,996] [Log ] [21 ] [INFO ] - dvb: DigitalDevices CI: try to connect [demux]
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,016] [Log ] [21 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Adding Digital Devices Common Interface 3 to graph
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,017] [Log ] [21 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Digital Devices Common Interface 3 detected
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,017] [Log ] [21 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Render [Capture]->[Digital Devices Common Interface 3]
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,018] [Log ] [21 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Render [Capture]->[Digital Devices Common Interface 3] failed
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,018] [Log ] [21 ] [INFO ] - dvb:add Inf Tee filter
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,018] [Log ] [21 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Render ...->[inftee]
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,018] [Log ] [21 ] [ERROR] - dvb:Unable to connect InfTee returns:0x80040217
    [2017-02-22 19:18:54,034] [Log ] [21 ] [ERROR] - Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Could not connect InfTee Filter to last Filter
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.ConnectMpeg2DemuxToInfTee(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.CompleteGraph(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.BuildGraph()[/collapse]

It seems that your tuner is configured with a CI slot, but when TV Server tries to enable ("connect") the CI slot, we get an error.
    Please check your CI slot configuration in the DD software.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow.. I am impressed...

De Alphacrypt CAM settings were indeed fucked up! May seem weird, but I think I have had some power issues last weekend that busted my modem and probably also the settings of the Alphacrypt!

For what its worth.. below the correct Alphacrypt settings (Module options>expert menu>goto expert menu):

Alphacrypt%20CAM%20module%20settings%20for%20Ziggo%20cable%20TV.JPG

DYNAMIC was set to STATIC
    Watchdog was set to 0 ms, must be 1500

Channels scanned, frequencies checked and corrected where required (Ziggo has changed its channels/frequencies again..), all is back to normal now.

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom