New IR plugin for HID needed or update (1 Viewer)

davva_mork

August 15, 2009
Hi!

First I'd like to appolygize for the crappy english but I hope you will get the info ;)

I got an "MCE" remote but it does not use the ehome drivers. Instead it uses RTs516xIR driver and after some investigation I found out that what it does is working like a IR HID keybord.

This results in funny keybord mappings if I'm going to use it IRSS do the fact that I have to use the Keyboard approach. Well after thinking a bit and checking the HID part the IR donge is there under HID as "Realtek IR driver(5161) and the remote (?) as HID-compatible consumer controler (translated from swedish XP) This shows me that it is a HID device but no detection of buttons exept in the keyboard plugin.

As it is a HID device it would be possible to use the RAW INPUT metod as talked about in
Sorting it all Out : Using multiple keyboards This aproach would solve a lot of problems with those non "Microsoft MCE" but look alike MCE remotes.

I'm not a fan of Girder but MP and IRSS or Eventghost shold do my relaxed sofa zapping some time for me ;) if this issue or new "plugin" is developed. My knowlage in writing code is far to small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom