New link colors (2 Viewers)

N

nirvdrum

I know that somewhere along the lines it became uncool to underline links and use the standard blue color, but those were really nice clues as to what was a link on a page. When I look at http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/, I really can't tell what a link is. The links are not underlined and the link color is so dark, I really can't see a link unless I'm actively looking for it. Please consider using a different color scheme so that it's more noticeable.

luke

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    use a different theme if you don't like the way links are defined. Goto Profile, scroll down until you see Board Style and select a different theme then hit submit.

N

nirvdrum

Perhaps I'm a bit lost, but how does that help me with the problem I described with the usability of the main Web site?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I don’t have any problem to find the links on main page. Personally I don’t like underlined links. The colour is different for the link so it should be very easy to spot.

Roy

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    try it and see.

For me, all links are underlined as normal. You must be using a different theme which does not underline. If it's any help, my board style is helius.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    nirvdrum said:
    I am not talking about the forums. I am talking about the main page found at http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/

Just for the heck of it, I IM'd five friends to check the site out and all of them had difficulty spotting the links.

I truly mean no offence to you.....however I have seen nothing but whining and complaining from you so far.

Not everything is going to be exactly the way you like it.....learn to adapt.

N

nirvdrum

My suggestions for improvement were not intended to hurt anyone's ego. This forum is called "Website/Forum Feedback". As a visitor to the site, I'm offering my constructive criticism. I didn't simply "whine" -- I clearly pointed out what I feel is wrong from a usability perspective and offered ways it could be improved. Perhaps you meant no offence, but your response shows a clear lack of tact.

luke

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    We thank you for your feedback, we're discussing what we can change to make it better. Sorry for all the confusion.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    your response shows a clear lack of tact

Similarly you could have shown a little more tact in the wording of your original post, you've heard about the kettle and the pot right? The fact that all persons involved in this post read it the same incorrect way says something.

Cheers,
    Smirnoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom