New MediaPortal Install - Video really slow, jerky, only 8fps. Totally stuck :( (1 Viewer)

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
July 3, 2010
I've just got another htpc client. Its core 2 duo, ati hd5450 graphics card running windows 7.

Installed Mediaportal 1.2.3 client. I'm connecting to a server running TV-Server.

I also have another mediaportal client with different hardware which works fine.

Anyway I've installed mediaportal 1.2.3 and installed saf. I've using EVR and tried LAV and Microsoft dtv codecs and when I start mediaportal and play a video, its really slow and jerky, its only running at 8fps when its meant to be 50fps.

I used "shift + 1" and the graph is all over the place and the actual framerate shows 8fps.

I don't know whats wrong or what to do. Can anyone help

I have attached all the logs.

Also to note, this is a clean windows install, With just mediaportal, and saf codecs, don't know if I need to install anything else ?

Also I did a little test with xbmc and it worked fine and smooth. So its some software problem

Thank you, really stuck at solving this :(

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all:
    You have a problem that MP & TV Server do not have the same version.

For your playback problem:
    Try to disable (untick) "Autocreate thumbs" for Video/TV and see if it is any better. (MP Config -> GUI -> Thumbnails)
    =Thumbnails.png

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2010
    Hi, Thanks for that , I'll try it

About the version. I am using a custom plugin called "Custom EPG Grabber" which uses a modified git build and the version displayed is wrong. It is 1.2.3 so should be fine.

And also I am running identical setup on another client and it works fine, like same plugins etc. But the clients have different hardware.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Its not as such a clean install...as you are running StreamedMP with custom SVN version.

Have you tried playing the recording in Graphstudio (as you are running SAF)?

Or have you tried copying the recording local and play that.

If there are no issues with it local, then the issue is the network.

If we still have issues with it local then what happens in graphstudio?

J.

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2010
    Yep aero is running.

I'll try a few things tomorrow.

When i am on the main menu of mediaportal and I press "Shift + 1 " its saying my fps is 37 .
    On my other client it shows 50fps.

So even when i'm not playing a video or anything the framerate is still low in the mediaportal menu

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Run MediaPortal in windowed mode and start Graphstudio while playing back a media file. Then you'll see the rendering chain which is probably wrong at some point. It's a starting point anyway :)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For proper debugging run MP in Debug mode first and see if the same problems occur, as this will eliminate skin and/or Plugin issues. If it still occurs, please post the zip file created by the Debug process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom