New Mobo (1 Viewer)

jb2uk

Portal Member
February 26, 2006
Hi i'm looking at upgrading my htpc to make it fully hd compatible, i'm looking for a new motherboard i've seen the abit f-190HD which has onboard graphics with HDMI out and s/pdif, this board is perfect except for one small hitch it only has a single pci slot... i own two nova-t pci cards and don't really want to replace them with a nova-t 500 just yet, so i was wondering if anyone knew of a board which meets the following criteria...

mATX
S/PDIF or Co-Ax or both
2 x pci slots

either onboard HD ready graphics with HDCP (HDMI or DVI out)
or
pci-e and a suitable HDCP compliant graphics card

basically somehow i want to be able to use it to playback blu-ray / hddvd through my hdtv when the drives become affordable.

cheers Elliot Roebuck

JeromeF

Portal Pro
December 16, 2006
South West
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

May i suggest looking at an Intel DG965OT Media Board. We have two of these in outr house, both running Core 2 Duo CPU's and MSI Geforce 7300GS with HDMI out. They are excellent boards with loads of features, i have found it to be the best board i have used for my HTPC.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MSI K9AGM2-FIH - like every other onboard card it does not accelerate h.264 above SD resolution but otherwise the performance is just nice, the RTLK888 is just excellent (you need a bracket for S/PDIF though - easy to solder yourself). The audio can be mapped to the HDMI port as well.
    PCIe and 2 PCI slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom