New My Programs Plugin (1 Viewer)

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
I only use the Future EasyApps, because i think easyapps dies with new one ;)

Future EasyApps:

- What is it: Plugin to call external programs with selecting paramterts ( something about a context menu, there will be a standart paramater and a list )

- Can use it's own menu list to call various programs: Yes (could be all configurated by the config form of the plugin )

- Can work (call program/s) directly from home: Yes and no ( i must talk to the main devs, i need a new function to call dummy plugins at runtime, i tested this and it works perfectly, so you can choose the My Plugins Menu and the Home Menu. Also create Folders on the menus for your apps. )

- Method to add parameters: Oh i don't know that MP could call windows shortcuts...i love it and i think this will be added to. Otherwise there are the parameter list, configurated in the plugin config form.

- Can use custom "button" names: Yes ( configuration )

- Extras: Future things: Run your Applications embedded to MP, also minimizing MP, call anything ( .scr, .bat ), works with File Extensions too, so the MainApp for the extension will be opened.
Instead of MS using only one dll.

- Ease of use: planned to be simple ( Im always looking to create my programs as easy as possible, so everybody can use it without reading any tons of manualls ;) )

- Minus: Not created yet!? :p

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
nice

we will be waiting (and remember to beta test - I am here)

...and I can't stretch enough how much better would be to add these to Home plugin native functionality (and a good chance to clean up this SO important plugin)... pleeease consider it

people will like you for making a nice new MyProgramsEasy... but will love you for a nice CLEAN more robust Home plugin :)

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TNDAri said:
[[...]
onkl said:
[edit]
Correction: an idea!
Ultimate lazyness (and isnt that MP's secret masterplan) would be made possible if one could use other apps with my remote. So maybe it is possible to do something like "remapping": If MP receives a key, it will look in the XML and "translates it", after which a sendkey is send to the strated app.
I realise this involves some problems: grabbing keypresses while MP is not focused etc. (sort of a Girder like functionality) to start with, but it would be great.

Hmmm, i think this is to many work for this time. I can capture the Messages ( Key sends ) and send them to the Application, but this maybe intigrated later. For the first time, i try to create the main stuff, such as adding the apps and make a good base construction of the plugin.[...]
That sounds logical. Just mentioned it to let it enter the "wishlist-extended version". It might be useful to take this future idea into account in your xml definitions etc. for later addition.

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
NLS said:
nice

...and I can't stretch enough how much better would be to add these to Home plugin native functionality (and a good chance to clean up this SO important plugin)... pleeease consider it

people will like you for making a nice new MyProgramsEasy... but will love you for a nice CLEAN more robust Home plugin :)

Hmmm an new Home Plugin??? Maybe...maybe.....maybe later :p

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TNDAri said:
    NLS said:
    nice

See Bavarian. He is re-writing the Home plugin so could accomodate.

DMAN

bunzy

March 7, 2006
    I can’t wait to test this plugin, it sounds great.

The one thing on my wish list would be to have the plugin intercept any remote commands send to MP and direct them to the external program. Then under the configuration for the plugin be able to map the commands to different keys or use the send commands.

With this then there would be no need to run another program like Grider.

Thanks
    Bunzy

TNDAri

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2006
    GER - Bremen
    dman_lfc said:
    TNDAri said:
    NLS said:
    nice

See Bavarian. He is re-writing the Home plugin so could accomodate.

DMAN

I send a PM to Bavarian....

TNDAri

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2006
    GER - Bremen
    Hi!

Just a "im alive sign" ;)

I made some changes in the save method.

Im using a databse so its easier to get the whole data from the Embedded SendKey stuff and the Parameter lists.

I will finish today the databse stuff and then i will dev the config form....i think this is the difficult thing......

The DummyPlugin system works fine....i don't get the "extra home plugin method" stuff, because with a dummy plugin its much easier.

So keep watching ;)

PS i need some testers for the plugin....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom