New My Programs Plugin (1 Viewer)

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
I started to test the embedded stuff.....and i got it :D

Ok, its not allready in mp but i got the main function ;) Now it would be easy to get this to the plugin :D

GN8....

EMKO

Portal Pro
May 4, 2006
Will there be a way to send commands after lunch. some games/apps
need keyboard buttons to be pushed befor working.
i use a gamepad so when i lunch some games i have to go to the keyboard and press some buttons then i can start to use the controler. Example some Emulators dont go fullscreen unless you press alt+enter

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
EMKO the plan is to make it SIMPLER than existing plugins, not more complex.

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
EMKO said:
Will there be a way to send commands after lunch. some games/apps
need keyboard buttons to be pushed befor working.
i use a gamepad so when i lunch some games i have to go to the keyboard and press some buttons then i can start to use the controler. Example some Emulators dont go fullscreen unless you press alt+enter

Maybe you get this work with an embedded app...because you could use send keys for it.
But with normal App staret it doe not work....just look at your emu documentation, there is almost a argument switch to start fullscreen

EMKO

Portal Pro
May 4, 2006
this game i have it loads up a video configuration window befor the game starts so you have to press ok to start the game. the problem is i dont have a keyboard on my htpc. but i see you are trying to make a simple my programs so i will just try some othere way to get it to work.

yea the emulator was talking about is chankast doesnt have those commands.

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hey folks!
Good to see somebody is working in the "launch stuff out of MP"-part again! :)

Like DMAN said, myPrograms should in fact be called myEmulatorFrontEnd! Cause I had in mind to write a frontend that wraps all the complexity for calling emulators. I also had in mind to be able to handle LARGE lists of games correctly (rom-collections etc. you know what I mean). I also wanted to support the fantastic screenshot collections around etc etc etc (meanwhile there are even more fantastic movie-previews for almost every game around).

So this resulted in a database-oriented approach, which is IMHO still a good decision today (*for emulator games*).

THEN people came and wanted me to add "simple PC game launching" etc and well I just added it. I agree at 100% that for "easy app launching" the myPrograms thing is overkill. So if you find an easier way, great!

There's one thing I never had the time to code in myPrograms:
* allow exiting apps with ONE SINGLE key-combo. I would love to quit any application with the same key. This can be done with keyboard-hooks etc and is solved for example in many arcade emulator frontends.

Things to consider when launching stuff out of MP (and not using myPrograms):
* watch out when launching another DirectX application out of MP. The launched app most probably will "steal" DirectX ressources and restoring MP at the right position after exiting the launched app has to be coded...

etc etc etc.. :)

Hope this is helpful, good luck for the coders!

Daniel

EMKO

Portal Pro
May 4, 2006
I got most of those nice video previews for all my games :) works great in Gameex. Maybe someone could continue on your Myprograms and add some nice featuers anyways good work on My Programs so far. and i cant wait to see what TNDAri will do :)

scott443187

July 27, 2006
EasyApps and Web EPG?

Can you use Easy apps to launch WebEPG.exe allowing you to update the guide manually from within Media Portal? I have tried it and it doesn't seem to work

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom