new plugin for changing channels (DirecTV w/serial port) (2 Viewers)

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi there,
i'm the third one, who was dealing with the plug in. I hope, you know, how to set up the channels as external channels? If not, don't give up, come back here and ask. It is not easy, but it's worth it.

Btw, hi Natrlhy and Patrick.

Hi spachti!
Glad it's still working for you. :)

patrick

elektrik

Portal Member
January 17, 2007
Thanks-I had a fundamental misunderstanding of how the plugin worked. So, just so I'm clear, do I run the S-video from the STB for the video signal, and then the RCA connectors to the wintv card for the composite in for sound? If so, I'll try that. Thank you!

NP, Run the s-video from the STB "out" to the s-video "in" on the PVR-150.
(You could also use the composite but I have never tried it)

I am not @ home atm so I cannot remember about audio.
If you have RCA audio inputs on the card then yes you should be able to use that.
I think I run the RCA audio "out" from the STB and have an
adapter to the audio "in" plug on the card (but so many wires back there
I would have to look to be sure.)

I am not sure where you are located, but if you are in USA or Canada you
may be able to use the zap2it plugin. It can auto-add your external channels
for you, using the input you specify (SVHS for s-video) and proper channel settings. Handy for large lineups like DirecTV or digital cable.

HTH,
patrick

Thanks Patrick. I was ultimately able to get everything working, using the S-Video on the card as video input and the two RCA inputs as audio input.

I'm having a different issue now with a "no signal detected" exactly every 5 minutes after initially turning on the TV (Turning on timeshifting seems to exacerbate it-On to another support forum :\), but this particular problem is solved.

Thanks again!

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    Great job in honing in on elektriks root issues patrick!

Glad it's finally working for you elektrik! Isn't MP worth all the tweaking and discovery? ;)

elektrik

Portal Member
    January 17, 2007
    Great job in honing in on elektriks root issues patrick!

Glad it's finally working for you elektrik! Isn't MP worth all the tweaking and discovery? ;)

Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic :p

Thx again for the help. Mebbe someday I can return the favor =]

pegisys

Portal Member
    September 13, 2006
    Home Country
    I have a few questions about this plugin

I got my box to change stations with the software from http://dtvcontrol.com/, so I know the cable I made works

I have to set it to d10-200 even though it's an RCA receiver and some of the buttons don't work as they should, but the navigation buttons work correctly and thats good enough for what I need I suppose

in MP will I be able to use a epg for directv and be able set recording schedules and change channels

I'm using the latest svn built and it has the plugin included but when I enable it it doesn't do anything, so I'm wondering does it work with the channel buttons or does it have it's own keys

right now I just have the directv box going into the s-video of the tv card, should I set it to "received by external settop box" in the channel settings

thanks in advance

elektrik

Portal Member
    January 17, 2007
    well...

I have a few questions about this plugin

I got my box to change stations with the software from http://dtvcontrol.com/, so I know the cable I made works

I have to set it to d10-200 even though it's an RCA receiver and some of the buttons don't work as they should, but the navigation buttons work correctly and thats good enough for what I need I suppose

in MP will I be able to use a epg for directv and be able set recording schedules and change channels

I'm using the latest svn built and it has the plugin included but when I enable it it doesn't do anything, so I'm wondering does it work with the channel buttons or does it have it's own keys

right now I just have the directv box going into the s-video of the tv card, should I set it to "received by external settop box" in the channel settings

thanks in advance

I'm not too saavy yet, but I can try to help. After much struggling, I use the Zap2it EPG plugin for my channels (I'm in U.S. here); regarding the D10-200, I use the "other" directvcontrol plugin dll (yes, apparently there are two, and it depends on which one you use-the original d/l from the website didn't work for me).

As for using the latest SVN-I can't help you with that one, since I make it a personal rule to only use "release" builds...

Let me know if you need the "alternate" dll.

pegisys

Portal Member
    September 13, 2006
    Home Country
    thanks elektrik, I'll try the other plugin what can it hurt right

I'll also roll back to the last release should make trouble shooting easier

EDIT: OK I think I found the other plugin, or atleast the last one posted in this topic, and I set up the zap2it guide, it seems to be working great so far

I have the drd435rh RCA box I looked around the net it seems there are 2 versions of this box one has to have the power on signal set, which happens to be the one I have

thanks again elektrik

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I'm running the latest SVN (Rev13216) and when I enable and configure the plugin I see this in the mediaportal.log file:

2007-03-04 18:04:18.484375 [Info.][MPMain]: Load plugins from :C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\DirecTV.TunerPlugin.dll

When I run configuration.exe I see the plugin is disabled. I enable it and close configuration.exe, open it again and it's disabled again. What gives? I'm still using the latest version that patrick updated when he merged the "two part" plugin together...

End result... I can't change channels :(

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hi natrhly,

I added it to svn. This plugin is important to have in the default setup, as there are quite a few directv subscribers. This is causing the problems I believe. Remove the standalone directv plugin from your process plugins folder, and then set it up. Sorry for the inconvenience, I should have changed the name of the plugin.

As for the guy it isn't really working for - try checking the "disable 2-way communication" box. If that doesn't work, monitor the output on the serial port between the two and post what the difference is. If you have that information, I'll try and fix it for you.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    diehard2,

Thanks! I wasn't aware this plugin was included in the SVN builds! A lot of us have been waiting for this addition!

I'll try removing the standalone plugin and giving it a shot and report back...

UPDATE:

diehard2: that was it! I deleted the standalone plugin, and it's working! THANK YOU! ;)

Now we just need the Zap2it plugin included in the SVN releases ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom