new plugin for changing channels (DirecTV w/serial port) (1 Viewer)

jhalpin

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
Bay Area
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm trying to use the DirecTV Tuner plugin.

I have an RCA DRD480RE (which I believe is the old command set since it's about 6 years old) and I can control the box with dtvcontrol. But I can't get the plugin to control the box. I have tried both RCA old and new. I have tried old command set selected and deselected.

My serial connector is on COM1.

What error log (or other log for that matter) should I be checking for any reported errors?

Thanks for the help.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hi everyone,

Well I haven't been able to get MP or dtvcontrol to control my d10100 box. However, Meedio and GBPVR controlled it flawlessly. I spyed on the serial port, and the commands have changed since this plugin was originally released. It seems as if some boxes respect the old "new" commands, but at the very least, mine doesn't. I've attached a version with an updated tuner plugin. I won't be changing the source any more, although it is similar in structure to the original. Only the newest set of commands is included. If the old plugin is tuning for you, there is no need to switch. It currently hides the OSD in addition to changing the channels. Hope this helps some people.

Update: Needed to add more code to tune to channels under 10. Now fixed.
    There is also little (no) error checking in this version. The newest set doesn't seem to respond to command requests, so the plugin would always timeout

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I have been using the DirecTV.TunerPlugin.dll with no issues until tonight. I have installed 0.2.2.0 and SVN Rev12491 and I am getting exception:

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11678

diehard2,

Does your latest update to the TVTune code support an HTL-HD receiver? opusnut modified micheloe's code so that my box would work with it.

Hope some working code can be written so that I can change channels in MP with the latest SVN releases...

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    If anyone compiles diehard's new plugin, could you possibly post it? Or if you, diehard, have a compiled version that you are using? I have a d10-100 as well and the OSD annoys me to death. I would love to have the ability to hide that.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the .DLL now. Please excuse my ignorance.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    Just as an update, I tried the DirecTVTune.dll plugin that was compiled for the latest SVN build as of 1/2/2007 and it doesn't change my channels for my particular DirecTV receiver. This doesn't mean it won't work for others! My particular receiver is a strange one.

Looking forward to testing the "two part" plugin after it's compiled.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Here is micheloe's plugin recompiled

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom